• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel like I'm a alien. Adopted at birth, nobody around me similar. I'm not like anyone I know.

Welcome!! I hope you will make yourself at home here and feel comfortable.
I can relate to a lot of what you said. I was adopted (twice...) and I'm not the same ethnicity as my adoptive family. I've never really felt like I fit in anywhere.
I do love my coffee lol but I agree that food is just a necessity. I sure look like I love food tho :sweatsmile: But I don't really. If I didn't have to eat I wouldn't. Food is meh.
I've never met anyone who was anything like me... but you don't have to meet people who are just like you to make meaningful connections with people!! And I totally agree that love should be one of our biggest priorities. The world needs more kindness. :blush:

Welcome to Autism Forums! I think you might find other “aliens” similar to yourself here.
full

Thermians (from Galaxy Quest, 1999)

I don't think thew same, I don't like what everyone else likes, and I hate most of what everyone else loves. My morals are higher, my values are totally different.

I actually am an alien - no doubt. Autistics do bring so very much to the world even if the 68.2% are unaware of it. It is what it is and it sounds like you rock it.

Being autistic is isolating and I imagine that being adopted would give one a sense of being rootless as well. Any plans to become more familiar with your genetic roots?

New Threads

Top Bottom