• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I feel like I'm a alien. Adopted at birth, nobody around me similar. I'm not like anyone I know.

bth73

I don't know anyone like me. Found my bio relatives that are still alive. I have yet to meet in person except for one cousin. I know we're all about the same, but it seems like I am different from all of humanity. I don't think thew same, I don't like what everyone else likes, and I hate most of what everyone else loves. My morals are higher, my values are totally different. I hate coffee, and food is just a necessity. Food, shelter, fun, and love should be our highest priorities.

Like likes Like fortunately a good chunk of my family is like me. Yes welcome to the club, you should enjoy it here.

There are alot of people in the world. This is one of my favorite sayings, and so important that I abbreviate it as IDIC

Infinite diversity infinite combinations

welcome to af.png

Sometimes l have alien days. I remember my younger years feeling different. Some here claim it's the imposter feeling, others here state it's the alien feeling. Some feel just different and not synchronized to life's expectations.

Anyways, you are welcomed here. And we hope you stay.☺

Welcome. I look forward to getting to know you.
Often a line from the Carpenter song "I Won't Last a Day Without You" comes to my mind: "Day after day I must face a world of strangers where I don't belong....."
I feel the same way about coffee and food. I eat because I have to.

Hi bth73! Welcome to the forums.
I suspect you'll find your fellow aliens here. lol

Before I understood I was AS, I used to regularly tell my wife that I felt like the only human on a planet full of monkeys. Which, I suppose is a similar sort of analogy, except I guess I always looked at myself as being normal and everyone else had a problem. heh.

Welcome to Autism Forums! I would have written pretty much the same thing, except for coffee. I need my coffee every morning.

Hi, and Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

I'd say a lot of people here can relate to you in feeling like an off worlder

Welcome. You will find people here who understand that feeling. As a teen and young adult I knew I was different and never felt that I fit in despite trying. Worse was that I could not articulate my deficits. There was no help as my intellectual abilities left people thinking that I was normal. From 28 to 60, I was able to forget those thoughts until I was diagnosed. But now dealing with cPTSD from that earlier isolation.

Welcome to the forums. ASD has been called wrong planet syndrome. When I was a kid, I felt like an alien. Then I realized I was autistic. Looking back at my school mates, I can see there were others like me. At the time I couldn't understand the connection but knew there must be one.

New Threads

Top Bottom