• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't think I am the only Aspie here who likes being naked.

Au Naturel

Au Naturel
It does not mean you are perverse. In some parts of the country, there is a substantial nudist population. If you look among open-minded people, you may meet some who respect your inclination, even if they don't share it. There is nothing wrong with you and it isn't dirty or sinful. Your body is just fine, regardless of any imperfections you may obsess about.

I grew up in rural Michigan. Very puritanical. I had to keep my enjoyment of nudity in the closet. My first social nudity was figure modeling in college at 18. Most schools won't allow you to model if you attend that school. (This is NOT a place to get aroused. That is also frowned upon in nudist circles.)

When I moved to California the climate and the social environment became more friendly towards casual nudity. If it is important to you, use your feet to get to a better place. Oregon is the friendliest state of all for nudity, Washington is good too. West Florida has the most clubs and resorts. But you will find nudies like me everywhere. Contact The Naturist Society or the American Association for Nude Recreation.

I also did stripping for parties. That's definitely NOT a nudist activity. Nudists generally want to keep sexuality out of day-to-day social nudism. But it was a lot of fun and a little extra cash for a guy who was working minimum wage otherwise. (I'm good at compartmentalization.)

I got married at 31. My stripper days are definitely over. But I told every friend and potential gf I ever had about my nudist tendencies. I worked for places that had no reason to know and wouldn't care if it leaked. More people have relationships destroyed because they didn't let their significant others know about the forces in their lives. Stay out of the closet as much as you can.

At 64 I'm still figure modeling. I was signed up at a local college for the spring semester but that got scotched due to the pest. I have posed for many different schools and art clubs and a few photographers.

There are nude travel clubs and land-owning resorts and even cruise ships. Check your local laws first - but I do a fair amount of nude hiking in the wilderness. I try to make sure the trail is empty but every couple of years I am surprised. (A broad-brimmed hat is a useful and instantly available coverup that doesn't make you look guilty when you use it.) It is legal in the National Forest here, so no harm, no foul. We have a number of hot springs and other remote locations where social nudity is acceptable.

More public options are the World Naked Bike Ride - LA and the SF "Bay to Breakers" race. There are a few legally nude beaches if you look for them. I used Meetup.com to find local nudist groups and groups that are clothing optional. (Nudists often don't like to mix with the clothed.) Most are what are called "travel clubs." They don't own land but meet up and remote locations and member homes for activities.

I'm in an acting class and the one-man play I'm workshopping with them is mostly nude. After this pestilence is over, I have a couple of theaters interested in having it. I have decades-old friends who I can just visit and doff my clothes, even if they don't.

Just relax and calm down. There are rules of etiquette for social settings. Aspie's are at special risk in nudist settings because they often don't read the reactions of other people properly. Learn the rules and love them and you will be welcome. It is all about courtesy.

Do not get all evangelical about getting other people's clothes off. That's just creepy. It is none of your affair. Respect other people's feelings.

You are not a dirty person. Nude is not lewd. Enjoying nudity is not a bad thing. It is a good thing. It is a source of joy and comfort. It can lead to acceptance by others of the real you and your own acceptance of your perfectly flawed body

If you look, you can find your happy place in the world of the nudie.

Last edited:
Yeah, I do tend to like it. Depends on how I'm feeling at the time. It can feel good. Well, as long as it's not cold in here.

Though, sometimes there's an erotic aspect. I like to show nude photos online wherever I can. Yeah, perverted, blah blah blah.... dont care. It's fun and it doesnt hurt anyone.

But other than that though.... just nudity in general (though sometimes I'll have just a shirt on, depends on sensory issues at the time) I can only do in my own room. I live in Illinois, and Illinois blows goat chunks. It doesnt matter WHAT your hobby is: There probably isnt anywhere to do it here. And if there is, it involves going deep into the absolute hellhole that is Chicago (that's a big NOPE from me). My opinion of this region cannot possibly get any lower than it already is. *HATE* this place. Going along with that, there's no place for nudity at all. I've looked. But then, I didnt expect to find anything, it's freaking Illinois.

In particular I'd kill to be able to swim without anything on. I hate that sticky-cold-weird feeling that clothing (including swimwear) has when it's wet. And that feels even worse when it's time to go take it off. Just... bleh. But yeah, nowhere to do that.

Though, sometimes there's an erotic aspect. I like to show nude photos online wherever I can. Yeah, perverted, blah blah blah.... dont care. It's fun and it doesn't hurt anyone.

In particular I'd kill to be able to swim without anything on. I hate that sticky-cold-weird feeling that clothing (including swimwear) has when it's wet. And that feels even worse when it's time to go take it off. Just... bleh. But yeah, nowhere to do that.

Nothing wrong with an erotic aspect. I don't think it is "yucky". (I used to strip, so that would be real hypocrisy!) Just that it isn't considered cool in most organized nudist settings. You are who you are and that is ok. As long as you aren't forcing yourself on other people, be yourself.

I also have a Wordpress blog where occasionally I'll post nudes. It's nothing erotic, just documenting what I'm doing, hike or public event or modeling or whatever. Most of the time it is about anime or science or self-care or the latest pestilence. Most of my followers are from anime or the general public, not other nudies.

I like the term nudie for people who don't fit into the formal definitions people like to throw around for nudist or naturist.

I've never understood swimwear myself. Utterly irrational. That doesn't stop it from being a social norm. o_O

Google World Naked Bike Ride Chicago. And do a search on meetup.com. You may be surprised.

Last edited:
Living in west Florida there is a large section around Land O' Lakes area of resorts and even gated housing communities for nudists.
Unfortunately, there are no nude beaches anymore on the gulf where I live.
I got to swim once in the gulf at a nude beach. It was wonderful.
I do visit one of the resorts which is in the woods and surrounded by nature.
It's great. Some people live there as it has it's own mobile home park.

For the most part, at least I can be myself in the house and in my own pool which is fenced off from
neighbors and there aren't any too close anyway.
It just seems natural to me and it's usually hot in Florida.
I feel perfectly at ease and always said, "If it doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me."
I don't have any erotic feelings attached to being natural.
It's just how I like to live. Free and not constricted by clothing that twists and may not feel good
on the skin.

You are right about the nudist communities. There are rules about courtesy and staring, etc.
Everyone I've met at the one I go to are friendly people and say the same thing. It is just a nice
feeling of freedom to be in nature without hot, sticky clothes.

It's a shame IMO people can't stop and really think WHY they feel or believe it is lewd and bad.
It is a cultural belief they are born into and just accept it without wondering why.
And at some point in time the legal system stepped in to enforce it.
Most don't realise it is not against the national law under the constitution for women to go topless
where ever men are allowed to. But, if one woman was walking down a street that way, you can
imagine the trouble it would cause.

There are rules about [snipped] staring, etc.
I would have a difficult time abiding by that rule toward women who were in reasonably good shape.

I am a caregiver to my 25yo, ASD3 daughter. We maintain appropriate boundaries, but I'm never going to miss the fact that she is a nubile, young woman.

The weird thing is that I get more embarrassed if I see down her blouse than when helping her to dress, bathe or toilet...
full

Last edited:
I totally dislike being nude. I've tried sleeping nude off and on and it just doesn't work for me. Flannel pyjammas are the way to go!
I wouldn't like to walk around nude either because for the rare times I don't wear a bra (around home), my chest will hurt from the weight of my breasts...and I don't need them to sag more than they already are, thank you :)

It does not mean you are perverse. In some parts of the country, there is a substantial nudist population. If you look among open-minded people, you may meet some who respect your inclination, even if they don't share it. There is nothing wrong with you and it isn't dirty or sinful. Your body is just fine, regardless of any imperfections you may obsess about.

I grew up in rural Michigan. Very puritanical. I had to keep my enjoyment of nudity in the closet. My first social nudity was figure modeling in college at 18. Most schools won't allow you to model if you attend that school. (This is NOT a place to get aroused. That is also frowned upon in nudist circles.)

When I moved to California the climate and the social environment became more friendly towards casual nudity. If it is important to you, use your feet to get to a better place. Oregon is the friendliest state of all for nudity, Washington is good too. West Florida has the most clubs and resorts. But you will find nudies like me everywhere. Contact The Naturist Society or the American Association for Nude Recreation.

I also did stripping for parties. That's definitely NOT a nudist activity. Nudists generally want to keep sexuality out of day-to-day social nudism. But it was a lot of fun and a little extra cash for a guy who was working minimum wage otherwise. (I'm good at compartmentalization.)

I got married at 31. My stripper days are definitely over. But I told every friend and potential gf I ever had about my nudist tendencies. I worked for places that had no reason to know and wouldn't care if it leaked. More people have relationships destroyed because they didn't let their significant others know about the forces in their lives. Stay out of the closet as much as you can.

At 64 I'm still figure modeling. I was signed up at a local college for the spring semester but that got scotched due to the pest. I have posed for many different schools and art clubs and a few photographers.

There are nude travel clubs and land-owning resorts and even cruise ships. Check your local laws first - but I do a fair amount of nude hiking in the wilderness. I try to make sure the trail is empty but every couple of years I am surprised. (A broad-brimmed hat is a useful and instantly available coverup that doesn't make you look guilty when you use it.) It is legal in the National Forest here, so no harm, no foul. We have a number of hot springs and other remote locations where social nudity is acceptable.

More public options are the World Naked Bike Ride - LA and the SF "Bay to Breakers" race. There are a few legally nude beaches if you look for them. I used Meetup.com to find local nudist groups and groups that are clothing optional. (Nudists often don't like to mix with the clothed.) Most are what are called "travel clubs." They don't own land but meet up and remote locations and member homes for activities.

I'm in an acting class and the one-man play I'm workshopping with them is mostly nude. After this pestilence is over, I have a couple of theaters interested in having it. I have decades-old friends who I can just visit and doff my clothes, even if they don't.

Just relax and calm down. There are rules of etiquette for social settings. Aspie's are at special risk in nudist settings because they often don't read the reactions of other people properly. Learn the rules and love them and you will be welcome. It is all about courtesy.

Do not get all evangelical about getting other people's clothes off. That's just creepy. It is none of your affair. Respect other people's feelings.

You are not a dirty person. Nude is not lewd. Enjoying nudity is not a bad thing. It is a good thing. It is a source of joy and comfort. It can lead to acceptance by others of the real you and your own acceptance of your perfectly flawed body

If you look, you can find your happy place in the world of the nudie.
In Germany many beaches are "FKK" (nude beaches). Also saunas are popular like in Scandinavia. And people will give you weird looks if you go in there with a towel wrapped around or bathing suit. Personally I don't have a problem with nude people. Being naked is just how you came into this world. There are places where being naked is okay and places where you shouldn't ;) It's a matter of culture and social acceptance.

Freikörperkultur - Wikipedia

I like being naked where I feel it is appropriate (shower; sleeping; doctor, as necessary), but I want, at least, close-toed sandals and a little extra, ahem, support if I need to run...

Last edited:
I don't like being nude but it's because I get too cold too easily if I have nothing on. A bit of wind and poof, goosebumps everywhere :rolleyes:

Although I don't think I would appreciate looking at people nude most of the time, they're already distracting enough without additional dangling bits :p

I have such sensory issues with clothing that I do tend to lean towards having nothing on, especially at night (which has proven to have health benefits. go science!). And I would do it more but I have an awfully inconvenient cold intolerance...
Other than that I can really appreciate the human form, as an artist, so it doesn't put me off in others. Sometimes for people it is about disconnecting your brain from sexualising the nude form.

Being transgender, there are certain things about my body that I don't like. But even ignoring that, I just feel a little uncomfortable if I'm nude. I kind of need layers, or I feel oddly underdressed, even in pants and a T shirt.

New Threads

Top Bottom