• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I don't think I am the only Aspie here who likes being naked.

I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t. I’m extremely self-conscious and can’t relax if I don’t have adequate clothing on. Plus, I much prefer the constant feel of one thing I know I’m okay with over the various sensations I get on my skin without clothes.

I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t. I’m extremely self-conscious and can’t relax if I don’t have adequate clothing on. Plus, I much prefer the constant feel of one thing I know I’m okay with over the various sensations I get on my skin without clothes.
You're not alone. I've never been very comfortable with being naked, either. I can feel very vulnerable if I'm not covered up, even when I'm alone.

i enjoy being half naked as a way of being expressive with my body in a sexual setting like living in a jungle apartment or jungle nudist compound that you have the option to walk around half-naked in,also where sexual activity is encouraged :bearface::tiger::tigerface:

I live in a northern clime so with snow on the ground often for more than six months out of the year the idea of walking around naked outside it comical to me.

Up until when I was 30ish I slept naked and couldn't sleep well otherwise. Then we had kids and as free and natural as some might be in relation to having a nude household, it was weird to me, the idea of tending to their needs in the middle of the night naked, etc. So entered boxers and a T-shirt.

More power to naturists, nudists or whatever the current preferred term is. It's not for me. I like layers.

Being transgender, there are certain things about my body that I don't like. But even ignoring that, I just feel a little uncomfortable if I'm nude. I kind of need layers, or I feel oddly underdressed, even in pants and a T shirt.
I have 2 trans friends I met at nudist activities. The casual acceptance by others is important to their personal acceptance. Nothing special. Unremarkable. You're a person and you body is just a vehicle. If nobody else cares, you stop caring. If everyone else is nude, you start to feel uncomfortable if you are the only one dressed.

I live in a northern clime so with snow on the ground often for more than six months out of the year the idea of walking around naked outside it comical to me.

Up until when I was 30ish I slept naked and couldn't sleep well otherwise. Then we had kids and as free and natural as some might be in relation to having a nude household, it was weird to me, the idea of tending to their needs in the middle of the night naked, etc. So entered boxers and a T-shirt.

More power to naturists, nudists or whatever the current preferred term is. It's not for me. I like layers.
Grew up in northern Michigan. I hated winter. I was always dying for spring to come. Spring and fall were the times I loved best as I could run wander in the woods without worrying about mosquitoes and black flies. But a funny thing happened... I seem to have become far less attractive to those little buggers than I once was. And when they bite, they have little effect on me. I credit that to lots of summertime exposure without any insect repellent. I think it gave me a bit of immunity to them.

My solution was to slap on a bathrobe once they got old enough to notice such things. And on cold days in general.

I think I’d be rather grossed out to sit down on a chair or couch in a nudist’s house or community. I don’t have any problem with nudity per se except the hygiene factor. Clothing,—and particularly underwear,—have practical purposes; we don’t wear them merely out of shame. Sweat, urine, feces, dry skin flakes, bodily secretions… I rather like having a cloth barrier between me and other people’s grossness.

Grew up in northern Michigan. I hated winter. I was always dying for spring to come. Spring and fall were the times I loved best as I could run wander in the woods without worrying about mosquitoes and black flies. But a funny thing happened... I seem to have become far less attractive to those little buggers than I once was. And when they bite, they have little effect on me. I credit that to lots of summertime exposure without any insect repellent. I think it gave me a bit of immunity to them.

My solution was to slap on a bathrobe once they got old enough to notice such things. And on cold days in general.

Northern Michigan is a beautiful area. Especially the Keweenaw Peninsula.

To date, I've never met or spent any time with nudists.
Perhaps if I had; and was 25 yrs younger, I might have given it a go,
just for the experience really.

Put me in a camp full of nudies nowadays,
I think my initial reaction might be quite juvenile. All giggly & silly and trying not to stare :D

I think perhaps it might be because to date, I've mostly been surrounded by fully clothed people. That's my norm'
what I'm used to.

My young grandson (2yrs) doesn't care if he's wearing clothes or not.
We as his grandparents don't give it a thought, unless we're going out or it's too cold for one so young to be naked.
There's nothing remotely sexual or awkward about the situation.

Don't expect me to get my kit off, I wont expect you to put yours on.
Live & let live.

... just don't try to hug me. :)
I have personal space & germ issues with the non- nudies trying to hug me.

I think I’d be rather grossed out to sit down on a chair or couch in a nudist’s house or community. I don’t have any problem with nudity per se except the hygiene factor. Clothing,—and particularly underwear,—have practical purposes; we don’t wear them merely out of shame. Sweat, urine, feces, dry skin flakes, bodily secretions… I rather like having a cloth barrier between me and other people’s grossness.
That is why God invented the towel. According to a book I read, it is the single most useful thing a person can have.

Doesn't happen very often. The people I'd let come visit generally believe in the benefits of cleanliness, so I wouldn't worry. Towels are available if they desire.

I don't have visitors in the house, so I can be totally natural there.
Only repair persons when needed and they don't sit around.
I like thin pull over caftans in the evenings and wear them around the house quite a bit.

Over all, I just don't like the restriction of or tight areas of clothes unless they are needed.
People have houses and mobile homes in the place I go to in Florida.
Rv camp is there too for travellors or short stays.

As far as cleanliness, they actually have a rule that you are to bring your own towel to any of the
public buildings or outside sitting areas. Total nudity is encouraged continually, weather permitting.
This gives the area a natural, get used to it and be comfortable feeling.
Some other sections in that area are clothing optional and you can wear what you want or don't.

As far as sex, it is just like in the clothed world. Of course it still happens. Just not in the open
with people around. Same as the rest of the world.

I don't have visitors in the house, so I can be totally natural there.
Only repair persons when needed and they don't sit around.
I like thin pull over caftans in the evenings and wear them around the house quite a bit.

Over all, I just don't like the restriction of or tight areas of clothes unless they are needed.
People have houses and mobile homes in the place I go to in Florida.
Rv camp is there too for travellors or short stays.

As far as cleanliness, they actually have a rule that you are to bring your own towel to any of the
public buildings or outside sitting areas. Total nudity is encouraged continually, weather permitting.
This gives the area a natural, get used to it and be comfortable feeling.
Some other sections in that area are clothing optional and you can wear what you want or don't.

As far as sex, it is just like in the clothed world. Of course it still happens. Just not in the open
with people around. Same as the rest of the world.
Many of the older clubs are still extremely prudish. Still have the same rules as they did in 1930s. I think it is a mistake.

Many of the older clubs are still extremely prudish. Still have the same rules as they did in 1930s. I think it is a mistake.
Funny you should say that and use the word prudish.
This evening, probably about the time you posted, I was thinking about this thread for some reason and
the word prudish came to mind on how some places are.

I then thought of how to say: "Is it prudent to be prudish in places where you must?"
Just how my mind is never still and jumps around from one thing to another constantly.
I was waiting for a pizza delivery when I thought about it! :rolleyes:

I absolutely LOVE being naked! I don't get to do it often since I'm a grown adult living with my prudish parents, but when they leave the house for church on Sundays, I strip. I find I do like having undies on for hygiene and packing (I'm trans, FtM), but I prefer the sensory delight of having NOTHING on my skin, especially outside. Looking forward to top surgery so I can legally go shirtless outside more often. I've looked up nudist resorts in my area, and there's not much and I can't afford to go even if they were closer, so I just get naked whenever and wherever I can. Its one of my major impeti for moving out of my parents' place. Need to get naked more often!

Being prudish usually implies one thinks something is inherently immoral beyond the point where the culture has begun to shift. Some clubs have adapted and some have not.

I don't see anything immoral about greeting the pizza delivery person in the nude but one needs to consider that they might disagree. OTOH, they might decide to always be the person who delivers your pizza. Either case could be problematic.

New Threads

Top Bottom