• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am very curious about certain personality parameters and how they apply to the Autistic

No, that was just the only reason I could think of that information on BPD would make you feel anything. I guess it just affects you that I have BPD!

I'm introverted, disagreeable, a thinker AND and a feeler, very ambitious, aggressive, assertive (I can't tell anyone they're hurting my ears because they will just continue to make the noise to do it, so that doesn't count.) I used to be very assertive, but that has only gotten me on trouble, so I'm less assertive about (like someone's breath or someone being too loud). I'm definitely willing to stand up for myself, and I'm not afraid to confront people.

No, that was just the only reason I could think of that information on BPD would make you feel anything. I guess it just affects you that I have BPD!

No, l am happy if you found a definition that makes you happy. Cheers

both introverts and extroverts want to be social. they just do so at different frequencies. one prefers one on one while the other prefers crowds.

I think I might be introverted as I don't do well in large crowds and prefer one on one interaction. apart from that, I prefer my own company through being on the spectrum.

i'm definitely an analyst and I think I would be disagreeable as i'm more concerned with the truth than what makes people feel good.

Last edited:
What do you mean? You said "as per Meyers [sic]-Briggs". I can only assume you meant Myers-Briggs Type Indicator theory, which is the basis for many personality quizzes. Would you please clarify what you are using instead?

There is no thinker/feeler dichotomy. The way MBTI defines introversion/extroversion differs significantly from evidence-backed definitions. This, and more, is explained in the linked paper.

I am using Meyers-Briggs. There are many ways of interpreting the Meyers-Briggs traits, as you will find when you look up definitions for them.

Thank you for the information.

I am highly aware of these tendencies, but seem to be able to traverse the widest span of them.
I can be extremely introverted, and yet extremely extroverted--- as the situation demands. I am very strongly aligned with being a "thinker"--- and equally so a "feeler".
It is my conviction that wholesome thought, speech, action, is dependent on collation, (re)conciliation of the two.
Accompanying that, is the cost---
it ain't cheap. It's still mask.

In the list of polar opposites, "agreeable" seems to be my closest affiliation.
I can, however be brazenly dis-agreeable, if I feel an ideal is being assaulted or injustice being done.

This once again brings home, for me, the complex sophistication of masking---
and the crushing weight of it--- simultaneously.

It is a huge expenditure, pleasing when it's working, despair when it's not.

I hope that any of this made sense in some way.

Personality is complicated and boiling it down to a 'personality type' is certainly not going to cover all of the ground. But, it's what I have to work with for now.

oh, is that what you meant by thinker/feeler? I thought it was like how you make decisions and stuff. No, I don't have to think about how I'm feeling to know how I'm feeling.
And my introversion does make me agreeable because in most cases, rather than disagreeing I will agree just to keep a low profile. I'll compare myself to my extroverted ex who disagrees with everything because he loves to hear himself talk. I don't.

I am introverted and prefer to keep a low profile as well. However, when my dander is up all bets are off. This is just one instance where my disagreeableness trumps my introversion. I usually don't feel good about my behavior afterward (although sometimes I do) because it has brought unwanted attention, but I would rather that than not stand up for myself. Not because I think standing up for myself is noble, but because it is more important to me than keeping a low profile. I really wish that I do do both, but often cannot.

The marrying of these two traits ... introversion and disagreeableness has been the source of much personal conflict.

I scored INFP the first time I did the Myer-Briggs, ENFP the second time, INF-something-I-forgot another time, and two others I don't remember at all, all months or years apart from each other. :eek:

Looks like you're an NFP, but maybe on the border of introverted or extroverted.

Last edited:
I'm introverted, disagreeable, a thinker AND and a feeler, very ambitious, aggressive, assertive (I can't tell anyone they're hurting my ears because they will just continue to make the noise to do it, so that doesn't count.) I used to be very assertive, but that has only gotten me on trouble, so I'm less assertive about (like someone's breath or someone being too loud). I'm definitely willing to stand up for myself, and I'm not afraid to confront people.

The aggressiveness is a sign of disagreeableness as is the willingness to stand up for yourself. This is because you don't value social harmony as highly as asserting your needs and wants. There is some research to suggest that this indicates that people like you and I place our own interests above those of the tribe, whereas agreeable people place tribal interests above their own.

Sounds like you used to be aggressive, but have now learned to be assertive. The former is generally considered an undesirable behavior and the later a desirable behavior.

both introverts and extroverts want to be social. they just do so at different frequencies. one prefers one on one while the other prefers crowds.

I think I might introverted as I don't do well in large crowds and prefer one on one interaction. apart from that, I prefer my own company through being on the spectrum.

i'm definitely an analyst and I think I would be disagreeable as i'm more concerned with the truth than what makes people feel good.

Introverts require more alone time than extroverts. They also can become fatigued by social interaction, whereas, extroverts can be stimulated by social interaction.

Everyone needs social time and alone time (except for hermits). The difference is the degree. It is a very shaky way of assessing a personality trait since there are many people who fall in the middle and can be quite extroverted in one situation and introverted in another.

New Threads

Top Bottom