• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am starting to dislike rock music

I was a huge metalhead for most of my teens and adult life. Now I prefer listening to Gregorian Chant and Orthodox Chant. Other rhythmic, slow, vocal choral music as well.
This is the kind of stuff my older brother liked. He had unusual tastes in music. Just now starting to understand this is part of being an Aspie with an ear for music who cannot play an instrument and how it manifests itself. he had a very eclectic, mix of music. I have good ear my cousin a good friend and musician. got me to never trusted my taste. Now I'm getting the last laugh. Bands like foreigner who time has now verified, were not that bad after all. Contrary to my cousin at the time who thought they were crap he is younger than me and I thought knew more about good musicianship then I did. I became a fan of Queen in 1979. No idea who Freddie Mercury was. liked the harmonies. Bought every album after this point. now forty years later. I guess my ears were better Than I thought. funny my cousin was in a band at the time they mad a cover of a Buddy Holly song their version, only saved on cassette tape which they gave to me, never recorded. I believe could have been a one hit wonder band fell apart. to this day I have not told him what he had. It was a up tempo version of the original.

Last edited:
I’ve been a rock/metal fan since I was a kid in the ‘70s. My main form of entertainment is going to live shows (I’ve seen thousands of sets). The next “big” one is Desertfest NYC, but I’ll be going to a few shows before that.
I can’t imagine I’ll ever stop.

New Threads

Top Bottom