• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am officially "different" from others!

Jordan

Technology Advocate
Just received my diagnosis in the post today, and what a pleasure it was to find out I were different. So glad that for 18 years, all of my social behaviour has been explained, and I am so glad that I am different.

Clinical Criteria: (has to have minimum of a score of 10 to be fully diagnosed)

A Social - Required: 3 | Observed: 5
B Obsessions - Required 3 | Observed: 5
C Communication - Required: 3 | Observed: 5
D Imagination - Required: 1 | Observed: 3
Total (max 18) - Required: 10 | Observed: 18
E Prerequisites: Required: 5 | Observed: 5

Instrument scores:

Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ) Score
Max = 50: 80% AS receive score 32 or more - Scored: 18

Empathy Quotient (EQ) Score
Max = 80: 80% AS receive score 30 or less - Scored: 25

Relatives Questionnaire (RQ) Score
Max = 31: 87.8 of children with AS scored 15 or more - Scored: 31

Diagnosis: Aspergers Syndrome

They wrote some fair points (I guess) - Some of it was off the scale though (some hateful comments on there) as I am quite high on the AS spectrum. But I am so happy that this is an explanation of who I am and I can receive support for it. But I am actually upset that yet again, someone has failed someone with AS, and haven't even diagnosed me until now (aged 18). Took them 18 bloody years!

I am so glad that I am not a NT, it would make me see the world differently than I do now, and I don't like that, I like who I am and it's what makes me, me, and what it makes me "wired up differently"!

It's still hard to get my head around the diagnosis (meltdown), but at least it's a thing to explain the way I act towards people and the traits I show.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom