• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I am new in here, I have some questions regarding a rock that may come from the moon

JuIie

Good Day to all that read my message,

I just wrote an e-mail to NASA researcher about those questions, I gave my entire identity. I wonder what do You think about my questions. Please respond to me in here if You wish.

Here's my story: I live in Canada, more specificly in Gatineau in Quebec province that is a French spoken province (that's why my English may not be excellent). My city is right next to the National Capital, Ottawa in the Ontario province. My godfather was a director at minerai Ressources of Canada for many years and when I was a kid he gave me a rock saying that it comes from the moon. For more than 30 years I've been trying to make some research to see if it's a real one and how much it worth but never found any pictures or significant informations so I kind of forgot about the rock,

Less than a month ago, I had a course about artificial intelligence in the business and few days ago I had the idea of questioning the AI and was shocked to find that the Regolith from the moon realy look like the one that I own since I am a child.

Over my related researches I found that Apollo Mission between 1969 and 1972 brought back to earth more than 2000 samples from them many were borrowed to Canada for researches.

I realized that my Godfather when he gave this rock to me may not own it himself... that made me questioning myself: if it's a real rock from the moon, do I own it? I mean I have it since 1984 or 1988 or in between those years. That's when my godfather gave it to me as a birthday gift. I was like 10 y.o., I was not old enough to understand how he got it. He is now passed.

I truely believe it's a real one, I cannot see how someone in 1984 could of have imitated a rock like this, I had have it examined in 1999 from the civil engineering technologist department of the local college and they didn't know how to analysed it. So I just forgot about the rock and like last week I thought after my course, let's see it AI can show me what look like rocks from the moon and found pictures

The first picture was published 4 years ago but my rock was forgotten back then, just new search made me see it. I attached the picture from the NASA they shared to the public beside the one that I have. The 2 first pictures are from research I did last week and the 2 others are my rock on both sides.

First question I need to know if it's a real one, how to I have it professionaly analysed, well honestly, I just wrote to one of the NASA researcher to ask her how can I manage the situation. I think only NASA can authenticate it since if it's real it came from there. I did that part by asking directly NASA but of course I havent yet received an answer.

Second question: do I own it? I mean, when I was 10 y.o., I could not participate in a crime such a stolen a rock, how could I know my godfather took it from his work site? But I want to be honest so I am asking to You here, if I received this rock between 1984 and 1988 in Canada (the Laws here are different) does that mean that I now own it or I have to give it back? What do You think? And if I own it, any idea how much a rock from the moon is worthed?

Attachments

• NASA-to-share-its-lunar-rocks-collection-with-the-wide-public.jpg
    NASA-to-share-its-lunar-rocks-collection-with-the-wide-public.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 27
  • NASA-to-share-its-lunar-rocks-collection-with-the-wide-public2.jpg
    NASA-to-share-its-lunar-rocks-collection-with-the-wide-public2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_6176.jpg
    IMG_6176.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6177.jpg
    IMG_6177.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 26
An article recently appeared online with almost exactly your scenario. You have wakened the dragon and can't undo that. There are several unaccounted-for moon rocks. You  may be asked to surrender it.
On the other hand, a number of meteorites have been determined to have been blasted off the moon, probably from a larger meteor collision. How big is your sample? Did your relative say it came from Apollo samples?
I have a small fragment of a lunar meteorite along wirh a certificate giving the meteorire's ID number and location found issued by the lab that analysed it

Looks like pumice stone to me. I used to have a pumice stone for exfoliating my skin in the bathtub.
Seconded. I've seen a lot of similar stones around Etna, Kīlauea, and Mayon. My parents had even collected a few on their travels, so it is not beyond reason to assume that the specimen is more likely of Terrestrial than Lunar origin.

Extremely unlikely, as all collected moon rocks have been catalogued and tracked, and only a couple are in private hands, sorry.

New Threads

Top Bottom