• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sounds fun!
I bet you can hang out -- Do something cool, too. I would suggest get a nice but not ostentatious fountain pen, something like a TWSBI or a Conklin Duragraph (Conklin Crescent, why not?) and then go to these places & spend a few hours writing some poetry or prose. Girls love nice pens! And if you are well-groomed, well-dressed, washed & actually smell decent, you might get some visits.

I have gotten more interested attention from girls with a portable typewriter than I could have gotten with a nice car.
Well if we're going down this route of things that attract women into conversation, an adorable dog would do the trick pretty well, lol!

I have two problems, well, three, one, I have Asperger, two, I have a facial deformation that take four surgeries to correct, so woman never find me very attractive and I was rejected over and over again, and my taste never match up with the general population, apart from being socially inept of course, so my conclusion is the only way is someone that have the same issue as you, have Asperger, normal woman can be emphatic towards you, but never understand you, at least that is my experience.

I have two problems, well, three, one, I have Asperger, two, I have a facial deformation that take four surgeries to correct, so woman never find me very attractive and I was rejected over and over again, and my taste never match up with the general population, apart from being socially inept of course, so my conclusion is the only way is someone that have the same issue as you, have Asperger, normal woman can be emphatic towards you, but never understand you, at least that is my experience.
That makes me feel sad, since it has been my experience that neurotypicals make snap judgements based on the superficial. So I can understand your struggle since I always thought that one needs to get past the superficial of appearance to understand and evaluate a person. Given what I had been through I wanted to get to know women I saw who were shy and reticent and maybe uncertain in the way that I was. But, I could rarely demonstrate right off, the ability to ease their hesitation and have them comfortable with our interaction. This also made me feel more negative about myself.

Are you enjoying your experiment here, OP?
I did go, I didn’t talk to anyone but got used to the place. I plan on going again but I’m a bit cash-strapped at the moment so, I want to wait a bit for my financial situation to improve (preferably via job) before I go again.

Geez. Now that I think of it, I've never sat at a bar by myself, let alone at a table for a solitary meal.

Nope-nope-nope. Just not me. :oops:

Geez. Now that I think of it, I've never sat at a bar by myself, let alone at a table for a solitary meal.

Nope-nope-nope. Just not me. :oops:
Doing work overseas I frequently had meals alone.I found them to be horrible experiences especially if the restaurant was noisy. Being alone among a lot of life felt far more isolating than being alone by myself. The only time I escaped that was working in Japan, where after work I was expected to socialize during the evening. I played along and sometimes found it enjoyable, especially the food.

I don’t know any of the young women at my parish and my parish still has Covid restrictions that prevent us from getting to know each other.

You can't use telephones?
Or write letters? (actual letters, on paper. Or cards. That is so novel a form of communication now.)

Does the church have a website, with a message board for members
to contact each other?

You can't use telephones?
Or write letters? (actual letters, on paper. Or cards. That is so novel a form of communication now.)

Does the church have a website, with a message board for members
to contact each other?
I don’t know any of their phone numbers, mailing addresses & email addresses. And our church doesn’t have any message board or the like.

Don't they even have a bulletin board/cork board in the church itself?

Sounds like you haven't been inside the building lately.
Only like around the beginning of this month or the beginning of last month. The bulletin board is out of the way on the other side of the Narthex, and it’s small and not very visible.

New Threads

Top Bottom