• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How to get my ad-blockers working.

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
I finally got some ad-blockers (including SponsorBloc) last month but I can’t figure out how to get them working, how do I activate them and get the working?

Which browser? On Chrome and Firefox it's in top right of a desktop browser. There'll be icons for the programmes. Or go back on the adblock website and it should show you how to enable it. Normally, after installing it'll enable it as standard.

Ed

Just download Ublock Origin and Privacy Badger using Firefox. Simple to configure if needed.

Or try the "Brave" browser with so many privacy functions built in. Though Brave uses the Google Chrome engine, and it's no secret that Google wants to destroy all adblockers and trackers and will be implementing such technology in the near future. Something that will not impact Firefox. Hard to say at the moment how it could impact "Brave" though.

Last edited:
I find that Chrome on my computer is riddled with ads and did download an add blocker and yep, it did work, but each time the page was refreshed, the whole process started again and the adblock is pretty annoying too, and since I use firefox for other things, I decided to use it, for the research I do and voila, no trouble with ads.

I wonder how long it will take before someone realizes that ads don't work anymore. Businesses pay google a lot of money and google is desperately trying to force people to look at ads. People who are sick of ads and usually never click them. I don't think I have clicked an ad since 2004.

This website being the exception. I won’t use a website littered with ads. Tracking tools are everywhere and its only getting more common.

The customer I’m at today has facial recognition on the security cameras. When I’m in the security office I can see myself on camera with a green box around my face with my name above my head.

Can’t wait to show up here and have a tv ask me if I enjoyed my last Amazon purchase.

Can’t wait to show up here and have a tv ask me if I enjoyed my last Amazon purchase.

We're not far off. I keep location services on and my phone will ask me how certain stores were on the regular. Pretty creepy cyberpunk vibes there, google.

I'm aware you can turn them off, but all that's going to do is stop the notifications. If anyone thinks that stops the tracking, I admire your optimism. lol

Which browser? On Chrome and Firefox it's in top right of a desktop browser. There'll be icons for the programmes. Or go back on the adblock website and it should show you how to enable it. Normally, after installing it'll enable it as standard.

Ed
I'm using Safari.

Installing AdBlock for Safari​

1. Find AdBlock in the Mac App Store and click Get. (After the first time you install the app, you won't see the "Get" button again. If you are reinstalling, see Step 2.)
  2. Click Install.
  3. After the app is installed, click Open.
  4. Click Enable AdBlock in Safari.
  5. Select the checkboxes next to both AdBlock Engine and AdBlock Icon.
AdBlock is now set up to immediately block the majority of ads on nearly every site you visit (regardless of whether the app is open).

Ed

Installing AdBlock for Safari​

1. Find AdBlock in the Mac App Store and click Get. (After the first time you install the app, you won't see the "Get" button again. If you are reinstalling, see Step 2.)
  2. Click Install.
  3. After the app is installed, click Open.
  4. Click Enable AdBlock in Safari.
  5. Select the checkboxes next to both AdBlock Engine and AdBlock Icon.
AdBlock is now set up to immediately block the majority of ads on nearly every site you visit (regardless of whether the app is open).

Ed
I think AdBlock is working, but what about SponsorBlock?

New Threads

Top Bottom