• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How tall are you? (Men Only)

How tall are you? (men only)

• Total voters
I'm 5'8" although I wish I was 6' or taller like my dad but I think I inherited a lot of my genes from my mums side of the family who are all very short.

5' 11" which I believe makes me a tad taller than the average male in my country.

5' 8", so the short side of average or slightly below average. Never really been an issue for me. I got my growth spurt early, and then just stopped getting taller.

5'6". I remember many times going to the dentist and being told, "You've got a growth spurt coming any day now," but it never happened. And, how the hell can a dentist predict a growth spurt, anyway? :)

im the shortest at 5 ft 2. But I stopped growing when I was 14 in a half. I had a bone age that was two years older than my biological age which stunted my growth. I still would have been on the short side if I would have continued growing. I think I would have been around 5 ft 6 to 5 ft 8 if I stopped growing when I was 18.

When you're a kid or a teenager, your bone age can determine whether you can still grow or not

In most people, their bone age is the same as their biological age or a year older or younger. For some people however, their bone age differs a lot from their biological age which can cause problems. For instance, being 16 and having a bone age of 18 or 14. Kids that have a bone age that are two years older or more than their age will usually go through puberty earlier; they may also hit a growth spurt earlier but ultimately, they will stop growing at an earlier age. So having an advanced bone age could mean you wouldn't be as tall as you would have normally.

Then there are people who have a bone age that are 2 years or younger than their age. They will usually go through puberty later than most people. This also means that they will hit their growth spurt later as well. They could have their growth spurt at 18 as opposed to usually 14. They are usually referred to as "late bloomers"

Last edited:
I'm either 5'10'' or 5'11''; About the same height as my father and brother. My father says he's 6 feet even, but his driver's license sys he's 5'10'', so whatever. For the poll, I rounded up to 5'11'', not that I care that much.

5'10" so only of average height, but I am above average in width, I have to turn sideways to use doorways that are 36" or narrower due to broad shoulders.

New Threads

Top Bottom