• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How much time do you spend with friends?

How long your with a friend

• Total voters
I'm unemployed and live in a small town with small town mentalities ... so other than a couple of friends outside my marriage who are more acquaintances than anything ... not very much.

I find it hard to relate to people anyway ... Because I'm more intelligent I find it hard to dumb myself down to the mind set of other people. Therefore I don't have many friends because lets face it the number of people who talk about anything other than what celebrity is knocked up or who slept with who last night is generally pretty low in any population. If you can't talk about something interesting (kim kardashian is not interesting) then I don't see the point.

Since I am married, it is a little different. I answered the same way Kelly did. With a husband & 2 young adult kids, my 'social credits' get depleted rapidly. I am never lonely. My husband loves work & is what the NT world would label a workaholic. I see an Aspie who has a specific area of interest that happens to be his career. An Aspie is fortunate if s/he can parley a passion into a career & make it profitable.

Many wives feel lonely & abandoned with this kind of a husband: they want to spend a lot of time together doing couple stuff. I'm thrilled with this arrangement since I'd go nuts having someone stuck to me for hours on end every day. I prefer to eat alone whenever possible & I don't like to sit around chattering.

Pop culture leaves me uninspired as well & I can't even recognize many celebrities who are supposedly very famous (many of them for no reason whatsoever). Since I hate malls, don't like to shop, don't go to movies & can't stand just 'hanging out', I can't imagine what I'd do with a so-called friend.

About 2-3hrs a day with my aunt,uncle,sister & nephew since we all have supper together every night.
They live only 100ft from my apartment so we often spend alot of time together.
If I had my way I would like 1-2 new best friends then I would almost never be home.:D

Voted per week - 2 hours, all in church. Even in church I don't talk to people much.
I used to spend a lot of time with my friends when I was a younger teen; we'd have sleepovers and go to each other's houses all the time, but now that we're grown up and everyone my age is going to college - not to mention all the drama in our church that has resulted in nearly everyone (including people we thought were loyal) hating us - I hardly ever even see my friends anymore.

I have acquaintances, but spending time with them is a very low priority. It's especially harder to do that when they do initiate anything on their part because it's a lot of effort for me to do it. The time in my life where I spend a lot of time with friends was back in elementary school and middle school. It started being less common after middle school ended.

I normally see my friends--my two closest ones, anyway--at the most, one time per year. I just don't feel like socializing all that much; being a loner is perfectly fine with me.

I voted for "no friends" yet that's not true. I have some, but on average week I don't see them at all, so at IRL time I do none. And I like it that way really much.

When I am with friends, it is for several hours. We make the most out of our times together whenever possible. Last night our bi-monthly movie night turned into a double feature movie night. The 1987 version of The Quick and The Dead (too predictable! lol!) and The Gods Must Be Crazy Part II. We began hanging out at 7pm and ended up going home at 1am. It was fantastic. :bounce:

Whenever I'm with friends I usually spend as much time with them as possible, unless they get negative on me. If it's one of my "True Friends" (of which I have three), I'll see them through anything, even if I have to step away for a minute because the negativity gets to be too much.

None if I can help it. If my friend asks I'll try to flat out reject the offer or come up with an excuse. I'd say on average we meet up once every 3 or 4 month for several hours.

I voted no because I currently do not have any friends that I see at least once a week. My preference for spending time with a friend or group of friends is usually about two or three times a week and about two or three hours each time.

I have one close friend who I spend quite a lot of time with. She is my first close friend I had in a long long time. She is really my only true friend. I have many acquaintances which I really don't spend time with outside of work.

saying i don't have any friends is wrong its just the friend i have doesnt live that close to me so we really don't see eachother which means im pretty much a loner

I spend anything from 3 days to 2 weeks with my best friend because he lives down south.
I see my other friends once in a very blue moon for a few hours at a time, not nearly enough but it's easy to lose track.

1-3 hours for me just doesn't cut it, especially if I have to drive far or vice versa. If someone only wants to spend 1-3 hours, for me, that seems kinda inconsiderate if it's all the time. Depends on the situation and the context, but for the most part, I'd say real friends can spend a significant amount of time together.

I have a few friends, but I don't hang out with them very often. We text, hang out at school, and talk on the phone. Per week, I'd say I spend about 3 hours with my friends.

I feel there needs to be a sliding scale between time spent with friends as well as age. The older I get, the less my friends seem to have time to spend with me. People seem to just grow up, start families and have their own lives etc.

New Threads

Top Bottom