• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How many

In 2011, Jimmy Kimmel did a bit on his show about "National Unfriend Day" and I took it to heart. I went from about 400 friends to 100. About a year after that, I went down to 20. It's mostly been between 20 and 60 ever since. I now only purge if I feel that I don't interact with someone enough in real life to keep them added or if they suddenly become someone I'd rather not interact with. Some people that do meet either criteria will never be purged if I knew them for a loooooong time.

Phone contacts are about 60. I had close to 90 but I purged the list when I got a new phone.

I only have two contacts on my phone: my mother's cell phone number and my social worker's number.
I broke off contact with my "friends" on Facebook years ago. I only really wanted "friends" so I wouldn't have to pay actual money for things on Facebook games and junk, which I haven't played in ages.

It's nice to know you can use messenger without the need of a Facebook account.

I walk through the woods every day on my lunch break. It's nice to get away from the office.

Ed

Messenger is a flawed app used by many to impersonate FB users. I use it and FB minimally. Most of my phone contacts are business related.

Phone contacts in your phone
Facebook friends in your list?

Do you try and keep numbers even? Odd? Rounded in 10's? Do you think less is more? What's the highest or lowest you've had?

I have 7 phone contacts. 2 are services, 2 are work colleagues, 2 are family and the other is my partner.

I've left and rejoined FB several times and purged and re-added people even more than that. Lowest it got to was 15. Highest it got to was high 200's. Right now it's sat at 32. I'd prefer it to be 30, or 33. But it's sat at 32 and that number annoys me. 321 would be nicer. But over 300 friends is ridiculous. I wouldn't even consider the ones in my list true friends, but when I start thinking like that I pull a Stalin and purge everyone again

Ed
I don't give a hoot about Facebook, but then I've only got 42 on my friends list. I go months between log-ins. Every time I go on, Facebook has changed the formatting of the pages and it's too confusing.

When I put question marks and dots ... I like to put an odd number.

If I pick the darkest few or lightest few eggs out of the box first, I like to rearrange the rest in a square or zigzag pattern. It contributes subliminally to aesthetics (harmony) and also accords me an extra couple of seconds relaxed thinking time.

!!! ;)

...I have well over 1000 Facebook friendso_O. I've just been very promiscuous in trying to befriend people - a lotta people I'm friends with have three-figure friends in common with other people, so that helps - the circles I move in, I suppose:rolleyes:. There are few people whom I've ever been equally in the same room with, probably well less than a dozen and likewise for people who know I'm homeless - I'm closeted about that, as I am.on other " hobby/interest " boards;). Sort of the " Great Imposter Syndrome ", though I'll correctly say " I don't have much of a collection " or " I haven't traveled much ":( - I know what that means.

New Threads

Top Bottom