• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi Jennifer! Good your doing all right and that you have a mentor now. That will help hopefully.

I've been sanding 200 year old pine floors, and somehow I thought it would be fast. But it's not going fast. The room looks like a hospital with a bed and bureau plasticked off on one side. To keep out dust. And the floor is taking forever, and the sanders are noisy. It's not an easy thing to do. And I'm a newbie at it. Have refinished furniture but this is a challenge.

I am always so impressed with you. You have gone thru incredibly difficult situations thru no fault of your own. You make me realize l need to step up my game and bring it. Relatives are notorious for giving unsolicited advice at the wrong time. l say to you- one day at a time. That's progress. The pyramids were not built in one day. It was many days and workers to achieve the unachievable. You are another great and beautiful and strong work in progress. Signed your biggest fan!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Jennifer. Glad to hear you think you'll be alright :)

If you don't feel ready to try suggestions made by others,
all you ever need do is voice your concerns.
Let them know why you don't feel ready, or are worried about trying something.
Good luck with your new mentor.

I'm doing okay thanks. :)
I'm still applying for new jobs after being made redundant in April this year.

I've spent most of my time since then helping or caring for others and discovering new strengths I wasn't aware I had.
All in all, a rewarding experience :)

Wishing you well and lots of luck with your mentor.
Stay safe :)

Hello fellow member.

If you were to ask me how I'm doing, the only answer I'd have to give you is my blank face.

Sounds like you're doing okay

I was laid off way back in January, my first Employment Insurance payment arrived as Covid shutdown started... I've coped as best as I can, I do go for a walk everyday, usually take my camera along with me, I've built up a rather large personal portfolio of photos in the process...

Classic car scene picked up steam as summer went on, weekend shows were all cancelled but lots of cruise nights that I went to... Just starting to look for work now, wasn't sure how the job market was here in March to late-May, wish me luck, still thankfully have the EI money coming in... And working with a job search agency for any help I need...

Always lovely to hear from you Jen :)

Just take things according to youre own time Jen its important to try to develop and progress yes BUT trying to force this will only risk ending up in a bad way.

As for youre question for me not that much have actually changed to be honest other then i have becomed even more avoidant towards big crowds :rolleyes: & of course i adhere the restrictions and all the rest given to stay free from this curse .

Watching tv and on line same as before :rolleyes: hoping to one day get some kind of life :rolleyes:

Ive been getting through a very hard time both at home and in the relationship and right now I started an indoor flower collection, picking plants from the wild and trying to learn how to care for them to hopefully integrate them.

Many failures and pests are difficult, and so are diseases especially in basil, and it's really sensitive about not watering it right. It's really hard to maintain. But I got 2 surviving low sages I brought from the wild, one dropped all leaves but one, its twin is regrowing small leaves and one is lasting from the recent picking.

All my tall sages died, maybe i didn't dig enough to pull enough root out. Digging in rocky soil is so hard even with water. Mint is doing ok, it looks good. A common herb that grows between pavement died and got a small fly infestation from it, they liked that it died so they probably got in through the crack in my window protection which i now covered up and laid eggs in its soil. 1 marjoram is hanging in but looks a bit droopy at the leaves.

I need to be careful not to overspray them as most essential oils are also herbicides.

Trying to grow some garden plants from seeds [lupine, lemon balm and forget-me-not] and tall and small lavender cuttings. Tall ones leaves are gorgeous and I hope it roots bc it smells good even without flowers unlike small lavender.

Attachments

• IMG_20200924_080306.jpg
    IMG_20200924_080306.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20200916_222817.jpg
    IMG_20200916_222817.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20200916_144432.jpg
    IMG_20200916_144432.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20200915_225237.jpg
    IMG_20200915_225237.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20200915_225231.jpg
    IMG_20200915_225231.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I've watched YouTube like there's no tomorrow.

Had problems! with the local council so I've been obsessively cleaning the house.

The cat is ill!, so it now looks like a kitchen towel party has happened in my living room, trying to to prevent what comes out of the cat going onto the living room.

Trying to avoid people as usual wishing I could do everything at night so I didn't see people.

I've also tried to help a government department, which probably has the equivalent in the USA, it's the forensic psychology department, they need dolls with no genitalia, as children might have been sexually abused, the use the dolls as a tool for the children to describe what happened to them, they have to have clothing and pants(knickers,panties), they need a family of dolls, mother ,father ,daughter, son ,the mother and father have to look like there are a woman and a man, they can be any size from 6-in up to 18 in,I bought different dolls from different places, other people were making dolls as it's a sewing group ,I don't sew!

Cases of child abuse have gone up exponentially since the lockdown happened, there are 4000 in the UK alone and they don't stop going up ,the dolls are given as a present to the child afterwards, so they need more dolls continually, an actual single therapy doll cost £90 upwards, 1 forensic psychologist in London is also sending the dolls to Canada.

Last edited:
Always lovely to hear from you Jen :)

Just take things according to youre own time Jen its important to try to develop and progress yes BUT trying to force this will only risk ending up in a bad way.

As for youre question for me not that much have actually changed to be honest other then i have becomed even more avoidant towards big crowds :rolleyes: & of course i adhere the restrictions and all the rest given to stay free from this curse .

Watching tv and on line same as before :rolleyes: hoping to one day get some kind of life :rolleyes:
So glad you aren't avoidant of us. You're a pleasant person to have here. :rabbitface:

So glad you aren't avoidant of us. You're a pleasant person to have here. :rabbitface:

Aw shucks :oops: :) It has been my absolute pleasure and honer to become and staying a member of this wonderful site :), Why on earth would i be that ? Im one of you remember ;)

Hi Jen always a joy to hear from you, i started my new job a few weeks ago and having a hard time adjusting to the amount of 'masking' i need to fit in and not upset everyone, the job is unstructured ATM as it's a new team and a new service plus the majority of my colleagues have limited experience in the care sector so the challenge i was hoping for is small, i find myself anxious throughout the day and exhaused when my working day is done, plus am worried about a virus second wave as this would mean no wages as i'm in my probation period, unsure if full time employment is realistic for myself as my previous coping strategies of exercise, meditation and self care seem to have abandoned myself currently, hope things at work will settle with time and i find the strength to find a positive way forward.

Nice to hear from you again Jen, and glad that you're doing good. Would it be okay to say that I like those posters on your wall? :)

I'm working a 6 day week this week, but otherwise doing okay myself. Keep us updated!

New Threads

Top Bottom