• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you feel about hugs ?

AspergerianYogi I know the type, same sort usually tend to be what I call "close talkers." They don't even ask or, seem to think about invading your personal space, as if they don't have personal space at all. When they talk to you, they stand with their toes almost touching yours and, always have to be touching your arm, shoulder, chest, some part of you when they talk to you. They also like to hug a lot, and seem to expect greeting and parting hugs from everyone.

My manager is one of those sorts. he's a great manager and, I tolerate it form him, with a smile so to speak, but I really do wished he could back off a bit and ease off on the touching, he won't, that's how he is and, even asking him to change his behavior for my own comfort only lasts a couple of days when I do bother to remind him. Some people, you just have to deal with as they are.

By the type, do you mean the habitual hugger type or the type who hugs without notice after a somewhat personal conversation?

That's awesome that you have the kind of relationship with your manager where you can call him out on a behavior that annoys you. I haven't been so lucky yet.

AspergerianYogi I mean the type that hug habitually and, don't always ask permission to do it.

I've been with my manager for 27 years so yeah, we know each other well by now and, yes I can call him on behavior I dislike and, tell him when and where to shove anything and, usually how far to shove it too but, I know he is one of the best and, it benefits me and my career to listen to him. He knows I won't fire him, I hired him away from his previous label when I incorporated my own label a couple of months ago. He's not going to walk out that paycheck.

In my business, at my level, my manager works for me - he advises me and handles the basics of contract negotiations, approves all PR materials, does the majority of tour planning, etc... but he does work for me. He's my manager, I own the company.

New Threads

Top Bottom