• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

How do you deal with a lot of thoughts before sleeping?

Shower, cold or warm depending the time of year. The shower helps if l have agitation about situations l have no control over. I was agitated l jumped a curb, but the heat was so high in my car during a rain storm, l couldn't see anything despite wiping my window on the inside. It was too much condensation.

I can’t sleep until 3 am or at least 2 am, it’s not even because I wake up late I wake up pretty early but at night I feel very weird and I can’t stop thinking about random unnecessary things even if I am really tired it feels like I have forgotten how to sleep and it really stresses me out I hate not being able to sleep, so pleasseee Someone tell me how to finally learn how to sleepppp or at least how to fall asleep faster, it’s not something new I have been struggling with this forever but lately it has gotten worse because I started making plans with people and going out more and I Kind of feel really anxious aswell and it’s just really annoying.
This tends to plague me nightly. I normally find a podcast or an audiobook that makes me laugh...I relax then end up drifting off. That usually works for me...if not, 3 Melatonin do the trick. Since I do not like taking any kind of medication, I will try everything else first before I take Melatonin. Writing code, music, reading.

Getting tired enough to need sleep is an alternative.

Do some exercise, study, or find a task to do that requires significant effort. I find that I sleep better when I go to bed after having an active day, that when I spend the day in idleness.

If you're tired but still can't sleep, I recommend making an appointment with a physician, he may prescribe sleeping pills. It's not an ideal solution, but it can work as a short-term solution while you treat the root of the problem by other means, such as psychotherapy.

I find it helps when I turn off all electronics an hour before I try to go to sleep. Picking up my house and doing some minor chores in that last hour also helps clear my head. And some mellow music also helps - none of that angry metal or gangster rap that I listen to during the day.

Fascinating story though :D

Yes, and this years apocalyptic fashionista is wearing...

what-is-military-fashion-style-on-january-girl-blog-curated-by-liz-breygel(1).JPG

;)

I find it helps when I turn off all electronics an hour before I try to go to sleep. Picking up my house and doing some minor chores in that last hour also helps clear my head. And some mellow music also helps - none of that angry metal or gangster rap that I listen to during the day.

Agree with all of that. I ignored the electronics thing for years. I only do 20-30 minutes (you're supposed to do an hour like him though) and it does wonders.

Also agree with music. Nothing fast either even if it's happy.

Sorry if that's all obvious.

New Threads

Top Bottom