• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi!

Clarification

My username is my favorite word. Clarification. Clare. If. Ic. Cay. Shun. I like jewelry but don't want to have/wear it.

I felt really upset two days ago. Or was that yesterday? I can't remember, but it discouraged me to talk in public. Long story short; graded fishbowl discussion - not allowed to interrupt anyone, listen respectfully, and participate - I found it incredibly hard to participate. No one understood my questions, and after accidentally interrupting someone by trying to participate and got called out on, I know I'm going to fail in this assignment. It made me so upset that I tried so hard but got half credit (50% is an F). I listened to others intently and respectfully but every time I open my mouth, someone else speaks.

I need to do my homework but I am too stuck in the past. I tell myself that it's already been done, but it almost made me cry during class that time. I need to be stronger. I don't mind what others say about me, but my teachers' opinions about me matter greatly. People say be in good terms with teachers; they'll recommend you to colleges, etc. My English teacher doesn't like me. After my older sister, she is probably even more disappointed with me with high expectations. She made a note in the paper feedback that I spoke too softly and interrupted someone once. In my ears my voice was loud. Loud enough.

I need to do homework but I lack the motivation now. Fishbowl discussions will occur 15+ more times in the future this semester. STOP. I'll be right back. This is right now, don't no. My teacher said what I asked was not significant, but it's significant to me... but. I made sense on my questions. I'm not great right now, I might not seem like a good impression but on my paper it took a long time to find questions about the novel. :(

No one cares. But it's okay I'm just NO I NEED TO DO MY HOMEWORK NOW. Okay I'll be right back. Is it 9:30 already? I need to brush my teeth. How many assignments do I have right now? 4. How long will it take me? 1 hr and 20 minutes. But I have to sleep at 10 pm. 5 am tomorrow morning can I finish it before 6 am? Which ones should I work on right now? I'M SO FRUSTRATED. I didn't procrastinate. I didn't have time. If I told anyone my problems I would get in trouble. Trouble means people would pay attention to me and treat me differently. Don't microwave pancake packets wet with water on the outside - I washed the outside of the packet and microwaved it without drying thinking that soups are microwaved so water could be microwaved too but the pancakes were really mushy like the flavored stuffing of chicken.

PLEASE no I NEED TO BRUSH MY TEETH NOW IT'S TWO MINUTES LATE. This won't get approved. How long will it take? I need to wash my face, too. I don't need help, I'm independent. They're doing it for the money. They don't care about my life. If I'm going to get married ever in my life, that means I live long enough to be old enough to be married. How can they guarantee that? NO PLEASE STOP don't DON'T DO THAT YOU NEED TO GO. FOUR MINUTES LATE. Okay I give in I'm going to go and try to be productive my teachers don't like me.

Re: Hi clarifacation.

Hi Clare

Its ok for you to feel how you did during the discussion. I have a similar problem with comunicating, I do not know
when or how to insert my bit/idea.

I only just this week realized that with me a conversation is usually one way, with me responding to a situation.

All you can do is the best you can while you are working through your own issues and understand them. Then you
may be able to build upon your weaknesses.

Try to find some joy for your self.

Warwick.

Welcome to aspiescentral Clare. I'm so sorry to hear about your difficulty in the discussion group. You'll find that a lot of us have the same kind of problem, so perhaps we can help with some advice.

Now, take a deep breath and remember....you have 14 more chances to improve your discussion skills. I'm guessing you weren't the only student without a perfect grade. After all, they wouldn't have a group like this if everyone was great at these kind of discussions.

You will be okay.

:biggrin:

Re: Hi! clarifacation

I hope you are feeling better now Clare. Being able to talk to someone can help.

I have only been dignoised with aspergers this year and I am 48 and had no
help until now.

I just hope you can feel better about your self and can find some enjoyment.

Warwick.

New Threads

Top Bottom