• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

Cuppa' Tea

Hello. I've been lurking around this website for several weeks after finding it on google and thought I would finally create a profile and say hi! :wavespin:

A little about myself. I'm a twenty four year old woman living in the US. I'm also a triplet and both of my sisters are Autistic with a few other mental delays thrown in. (I'm not sure what the other diagnoses are, though. Their IQ's are in the retarded range, but it's something other than mental retardation.) They are identical and I am fraternal. As they are both on the lower functioning end of the spectrum, growing up, all of my issues were put on the back burner as I am much more Neurotypical than they are. However, I have always:

Had a really bad time socially
Been very routine oriented (And list oriented...can you tell? ;))
Had sensory issues
Obsessive interests
Awkward body positions

Among other things. I have suspected I was on the spectrum for the last eight years or so, when my (now ex) boyfriend brought it up. (He is also an Aspie) At first, Asperger's/Autism was completely out of the picture and I absolutely refused to believe I could be "like that". I was nothing like my sisters and therefore could not be on the spectrum. And it was like that for years, but it was always in the back of my mind. Lately, I've been doing more research into Aspberger's, and talking to more Aspies and every single thing I read and heard fit me. I took a few different online tests and they all scored the same. I've decided to take the next step and find a psychologist and get a professional diagnoses. But until I do, Aspie fits me to a T, and describes me perfectly.

Whew! I didn't mean to write all that! I tend to get really carried away. Sorry for making you read all that.

New Threads

Top Bottom