• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

I was trying For a site called ‘Aspies Central’, and wound up here.
Anybody know why?

Aspie Central and Autism Forums are one and the same

The website underwent a name change from Aspie Central to Autism Forums a few years or so ago (around 2016, or 2017) if I'm not mistaken

Yeah, I know: seeing folks attack you over politics when you needed sympathy for how such events affect you was one of the things that put me off WP.
I’m quite happy to receive a PM if you’re more comfortable with that.
What I have found rather disturbing is having racial assumptions made about me and used to try to diminish what I had to say on WP by an NT member who seems intent to find racsim everywhere, and which moderators there did little about.

It would be nice to have an area where it was possible to discuss politics in a civilised manner, but I guess, as WP shows, that unless moderation is (and remains, should moderators change) neutral, it descends into an echo-chamber\cesspool, so it probably safer to not have an area such as that (or general (non ASD) news).

I wonder if the "chat" section could be used to discuss whatever is causing anxiety, Slyfox...Otherwise, I'm happy to reply to PM's, although being on the other side of the world, I may take a while to respond.

Yeah, before I signed up here I was openly talking about it in a thread there.

I’m sorry I didn’t see you getting attacked: I reduced my presence to one move a day on the games for a while there and missed it.

Seems to me that the usual suspects take words and phrases out of context and project a fictitious ideology from them: then attack the poster on the basis of a fantasy.

I got accused of turning a blind eye to racism for merely asking one them to cool it a bit in deference to another members clearly stated distress.
Then received a lecture on “morality” when I presumed to point out that it’s meant to be a support site.

REMINDER

This is an Intro thread.
An Intro thread is a place to welcome a new member, to
get to know that member insofar as that new member cares
to disclose his or her interests.

Not the place to dissect activities from another site.

Hugs

my interests.

I like video games, guns, coins, history and tv.
I’ve found that very few aspies share my interests though

Hey welcome. Maybe you will like it here. Just give it some time. Changes are difficult. l just moved, it will take me a half a year to feel at home. lol

Hugs

my interests.

2000+ games in steam library hints at a minor interest there.
guns - not so much, unless on an armored platform (Tanks/SPG's), and ideally in the plastic building brick format.
Coins - not at present, but did in the past.
History - certain periods in history, yes.
Telly - don't have much chance to watch, but there are a few shows I like.

Hugs

my interests.

What specifically do you like about guns? Do you like shooting them, hunting with them, or just collecting them?

I've always wanted to learn more about guns, but never have put the time into it.

What specifically do you like about guns? Do you like shooting them, hunting with them, or just collecting them?

I've always wanted to learn more about guns, but never have put the time into it.

I like collecting, shooting and cleaning them. There’s many different designs and mechanics to them. Lots of history too.

what have you wanted to learn

2000+ games in steam library hints at a minor interest there.
guns - not so much, unless on an armored platform (Tanks/SPG's), and ideally in the plastic building brick format.
Coins - not at present, but did in the past.
History - certain periods in history, yes.
Telly - don't have much chance to watch, but there are a few shows I like.

I play on console. I might start saving for pc after getting new consoles it PCs are expensive and I don’t care for keyboard and mouse.

New Threads

Top Bottom