• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

The biggest changes I notice between here and WP is the far more updated format and not anywhere near as much goofy drama taking place. For instance you won't see the words racist and nazi posted on AF daily like I see on WP.
I dont know where to post. I’m too use to the organization and sections names. It’s bit overwhelming

graphics-pyong-the-red-fox-777590.gif

I know!

I’ve been following the most recently posted in times from the main forum page a bit, just to see what’s there.

There’s a new posts feed linked from the black bar near the top, and in the top right are notification alerts. (It automatically sets to follow a thread when you post in it).

And... that’s about as far as I’ve got.

Hi Sly!

Also, this is definitely a lot different from WP. I like how it's organized though, even if it's hard to get used to.

I've been kinda doing what Karamazov is doing and just seeing what's recently posted, and sometimes looking at specific forums like the games one a bit.

Yeah, I’m focusing on how the areas I’m used to using work (much better as you get accustomed to it)

The additional areas and features I’ll tackle later on.

I dont know where to post. I’m too use to the organization and sections names. It’s bit overwhelming

I know what you mean. I actually like WP's layout much better when it comes to that. This one is less user friendly. Takes some figuring out and then getting used to it.

Last edited:
Hey Slyfox, the PMs if you haven't seen already are in the upper right of the screen, the "inbox".

Is it safer here for people of certain political views?

It's safer here from the standpoint that they take the rules seriously and from what I can gather, they apply them equally rather than arbitrarily and rather than being driven by obvious double standard cloaked in their view of what is righteous. It's safer here because openly defaming a person or a group of people, name calling or making very serious accusations based on nothing other than someone's incorrect and flawed deductions is not acceptable here.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I actually like WP's layout much better when it comes to that. This one is less user friendly. Takes some figuring out and then getting used to it.
On the plus side, it's nice not to have to scroll back to the top of the list of topics to get to the next page...

That is my understanding. No political bias like at WP.
I’ve noticed that the politics forum rules here contain a request that we try to restrict threads there to events & such that are relevant to ASDs, and that forum is optional (you can turn it off so it’s contents are never brought to your attention by any of the feeds or menus).

I like this, I’d been thinking for a while that random non-AS conversations, games etc have (ideally) an indirect support function: allowing human interaction with reduced or absent frustration/alienation compared to IRL... and hyperactive political argument threads don’t fulfil that purpose.

I’ve noticed that the politics forum rules here contain a request that we try to restrict threads there to events & such that are relevant to ASDs, and that forum is optional (you can turn it off so it’s contents are never brought to your attention by any of the feeds or menus).

I like this, I’d been thinking for a while that random non-AS conversations, games etc have (ideally) an indirect support function: allowing human interaction with reduced or absent frustration/alienation compared to IRL... and hyperactive political argument threads don’t fulfil that purpose.
Perhaps but political stuff happens that causes anxiety. I suppose I’ll have to just contact friends in here directly. I’m far to terrified to post about them now. To be honestly I’m far too afraid and sad to post much at all. Might just end up withdrawing completely

Perhaps but political stuff happens that causes anxiety. I suppose I’ll have to just contact friends in here directly. I’m far to terrified to post about them now. To be honestly I’m far too afraid and sad to post much at all. Might just end up withdrawing completely
Yeah, I know: seeing folks attack you over politics when you needed sympathy for how such events affect you was one of the things that put me off WP.
I’m quite happy to receive a PM if you’re more comfortable with that.

New Threads

Top Bottom