• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi there

ArtistVia

Hi, just put together the pieces that I have Asperger's, a puzzle I started examining 15 years ago when my little half brother was diagnosed. I haven't ever been able to have any sort of long-term relationship (friendship, romantic, work, any sort) my entire life and while the diagnosis helps explain this I am struggling with the reality that this lack of partnership is just something I'm going to have to accept. Thank you for listening and for having this forum.

I hope here you explore your feelings more, read some posts, ask questions & find answers.
Good luck!

Welcome ArtistVia,

I'm newly diagnosed and see this new information as an opportunity to understand myself and others better. Stick round and join in, you may find out things aren't as bad as you think.

Take care,
Christy

Christy's right. You may have struggled for a long time, but the only thing permanently blocking you from having a long-term relationship will be you, if you resign yourself to being alone. Being on the autism spectrum doesn't necessarily mean that things have to be this way.

You will find people who care about you, whether it's here on this forum or elsewhere. :) (I didn't find my boyfriend until after my diagnosis!)

New Threads

Top Bottom