• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I'm Kate. Need diagnosis but obsessed and have to wait a couple of weeks

greentigress

Hi
I have been wondering on and off for months
My schizophrenia has always taken the front seat in any real consideration about stuff to do with me
Are there Asperger people who do not have a particular area of interest that lasts their whole life?
I have obsessions but never gain huge knowledge
I am very single mindedly obsessed most of the time
But it can be about pretty self centred stuff like trying to get a career in place by studying
Or running or yoga
Does that sound like a variation of the obsessive narrow interest ?
Just the fact that I immerse myself in whatever I'm interested in at the time
?
Also I don't seem to be sensitive to sound
Sounds do sometimes scare me but I put this down to schizophrenia and not asp because I get freaked out with a certain delusion like I am making a clicking sound when it's someone texting on the train
And smells really freak me out
I am also not attatched to routines but the stress of a holiday - so even good stress can make me psychotic

Welcome to AC, Kate!

I would say that not everyone with AS has a special area of intense interest or single-minded obsession. I've had various little "obsessions" through the years, but no really big ones currently.

Welcome to AC! There are lots of people here some of us have AS and other HFA and some don't but have relatives and come here for support too. SO you are so welcome to hang and get support and info. We'd love to have you!:)

Welcome to AC!

As for obsessions, I actually have several going on at once right now, the top two being my programming projects and finishing my bucket list.

Thanks for your reply
It's easy to think that I could be misdiagnosed because of one thing
I am almost hoping for a positive diagnosis
Because it would explain so much

Welcome greentigress. I am waiting for my diagnosis now. I understand why you are anxious to get yours. It seems as though it will bring a certain peace of mind to have an explanation. I hope it does for both of us!

great idea with the bucket list!!
Thanks for your reply
I hope it will bring relief but I'm partly annoyed that I have blamed myself for differences all my life

New Threads

Top Bottom