• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi from France!

Gaelic

Hello everyone!
For the longest time I've felt like it was impossible to describe to the people around me how I felt. Somehow, I felt disconnected, strange, as if I didn't receive all the social codes that seemed so obvious to everyone. I always had to ask for how things work, especially socializing ! But I also felt like I was not part of the life going on around me.

Recently, I've read on the forum here many descriptions of being surrounded by a "wall of glass" like an invisible barrier around me, and that is exactly how I felt! So I'm grateful I can meet so many beautiful people who have find their way through life with ASD or maybe with their own unique trait.

Looking forward to exchanging with others here!
Thanks

Gaëtan

1664638125791.png

Bonjour, salut!

I live in France, but not French and if you are French, then whoa your English is amazing!

I was diagnosed formally in France, which is pretty rare, since I am an adult female.

Anyway, welcome very much.

Thanks !!
Oh yeah, France is not as advanced as the anglo-saxon countries regarding ASD, but things are moving in the right direction, I feel.

Hi and welcome. Yes I can relate to what you say, finding others with a similar internal experience and finding it actually is a recognised difference in neurology was helpful for me. I call it the Bermuda triangle, unstructured social communication... it's a mystery.

Hello everyone!
For the longest time I've felt like it was impossible to describe to the people around me how I felt. Somehow, I felt disconnected, strange, as if I didn't receive all the social codes that seemed so obvious to everyone. I always had to ask for how things work, especially socializing ! But I also felt like I was not part of the life going on around me.

Recently, I've read on the forum here many descriptions of being surrounded by a "wall of glass" like an invisible barrier around me, and that is exactly how I felt! So I'm grateful I can meet so many beautiful people who have find their way through life with ASD or maybe with their own unique trait.

Looking forward to exchanging with others here!
Thanks

Gaëtan
Good morning! I resonate very much with your words. 'Invisible barrier'...yes, this makes much sense to me. I always recall thinking of my disability (then NVLD, but do I still have it? thinking emoji) and realizing that my disability is/was 'too small to be really recognized, but at the same time large enough to cause lots of problems for everyone'.

New Threads

Top Bottom