• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everybody!

Jen

New here, you can just call me Jen. I covered a lot of information about myself in my profile :). I was diagnosed with aspergers among several other things early in my life but my parents got a second opinion out of fear of having an autistic child but later on problems suffered as a teen so they took me to another doctor and I was diagnosed with a classic case of ASD among other things like OCD. Meds have helped me A LOT, I know lots of people view others who depend on them as weak but before taking them my mind was like a busy highway and I couldn't think or focus on anything and I always felt like I was on the edge of going insane. I've suffered from severe paranoid delusions as well and would suffer from the classic meltdown so many aspies speak of. I still have them, but only occasionally.

I like to paint and read a lot. I use to play more video games when I was younger but I don't care for them much anymore with a few exceptions, I've always like tabletop and card games more. I still do like a few series though, like Fire Emblem and Pocket Monsters. I also love the 'Souls games. I absolutely love airplanes, especially fighter jets and bombers, I just like the way they look and sound. The only loud noise I like is the roar of an F-15's engine :). I do stem some and I have an OCD habit with brushing my teeth, I do it so many times I have to keep a bowl of water in my room. I probably brush 5-6 times a day. I'm very picky about what I eat, my mom always raised me and my sister to eat organic and I've always been lean but the few times I've eaten stuff like pizza its made me sick. I absolutely HATE going to restaurants because people get mad if I don't order something. My one vice is chocolate though >_<

I like to jog, but I have social anxiety so I have to time when I go to sleep and wakeup so its still dark and I can avoid people. We have a track about 5 miles away that I go to.

Its nice to have a community here, hope everyone is friendly!

AC-Welcome-Banner.png

Hi Jen! Welcome to AC. I'm new too. I also love the roar of a jet's engines.

Welcome Welcome to AC. I hope you like us we're a great group. I love your avatar by the way. Very cool. Welcome!!!!:)

Welcome Welcome to AC. I hope you like us we're a great group. I love your avatar by the way. Very cool. Welcome!!!!:)
Thanks a lot! Its from one of my all time fav games, Shining Force 2. I like your avatar a lot too, beautiful doll!

New Threads

Top Bottom