• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everybody

Hi, my name's Maria, and I am currently awaiting diagnosis for Asperger's.

All my life I've felt like an alien trying to masquerade as a normal human being, and I know that even once I begin therapy I'll probably still feel that way, but that wearing the mask of normality will be easier. So I joined this forum because I'd like to find people who can relate to that.

Welcome Maria :)

I can very much relate with how you're feeling. You'll find many more individuals here too, who are just the same. I hope that you are free to be more of yourself here, and that you are able to find even more answers. I've recommended a few links, below, that might interest you.

Resources: Autism & Asperger's Resources | AspiesCentral.com

Tony Attwood:

Home

The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

AS for females:

Aspergirls: Empowering Females With Asperger Syndrome | AspiesCentral.com

Day 62: Females with Asperger’s Syndrome (Non-Official) Checklist | Everyday Asperger's

Aspienwomen: Adult Women with Asperger Syndrome. Moving towards a female profile of Asperger Syndrome | Tania Marshall

There's no need to feel like an alien here. I couldn't comment in any forum without feeling like I was going to be judged or laughed at for being weird, or not saying (typing) the "right" thing, til I joined this one. I can be myself here, and feel like I can take my mask off, and leave it off.
Welcome :) Hope you will feel right at home

Welcome aboard :)
I like your avatar
image.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom