• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey y’all!

xwmsx

Jason
Hello!

My name is Jason. I’m 39 and while I haven’t been officially diagnosed, I do strongly believe I’m on the spectrum. So many things throughout my life are starting to add up to that.

As a child, I would sit on the couch, Indian style, and rock back and forth. I continued this until I was about 34 or so. Now I have a rocking chair. I’ve always been blunt and brutally honest, which has gotten me into a lot of trouble. If I see something is wrong, I will speak up, even on someone else’s behalf. I have difficulty maintaining relationships and have been described as “difficult”. I’ve always been a loner. I hate being around people and never really had any friends. My “situational awareness” keeps me on my toes. I have to know everything about my surroundings so I can relax. Sometimes I can be carefree and I have a “scorched earth” policy and stand my ground no matter what. What’s right is right, right? I have control issues and need to always be in-the-know. I’m super proactive and try to prevent things from happening and that causes me a lot of stress.

I have diagnosed social anxiety (agoraphobia, really) and I’m on Zoloft for it for the last 7 years. I’m in the USA, don’t work for the above reasons, and I have two kitties that I love.

My main reason for joining here is because I wanted a place where I can be me without Mark Zuckerberg breathing down my neck. It’s a shame social media sites aren’t more tolerant and accepting of people with autism. We can have a hard time making judgment calls and good decisions, but their polices and rules override that. Always. That’s not a very welcoming environment.

1658347444432.png

Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you; I got diagnosed with SAD and agoraphobia long before my ASD diagnosis in my late 20s. I can definitely see why you'd suspect that, since those can definitely be comorbidities.

Hope you stick around! :)

Thank you all for the welcome! I’m hoping to learn more about myself here. I haven’t been diagnosed and I don’t want to take away from those that have been. Just want to learn about others and myself.

Hello!

My name is Jason. I’m 39 and while I haven’t been officially diagnosed, I do strongly believe I’m on the spectrum. So many things throughout my life are starting to add up to that.

As a child, I would sit on the couch, Indian style, and rock back and forth. I continued this until I was about 34 or so. Now I have a rocking chair. I’ve always been blunt and brutally honest, which has gotten me into a lot of trouble. If I see something is wrong, I will speak up, even on someone else’s behalf. I have difficulty maintaining relationships and have been described as “difficult”. I’ve always been a loner. I hate being around people and never really had any friends. My “situational awareness” keeps me on my toes. I have to know everything about my surroundings so I can relax. Sometimes I can be carefree and I have a “scorched earth” policy and stand my ground no matter what. What’s right is right, right? I have control issues and need to always be in-the-know. I’m super proactive and try to prevent things from happening and that causes me a lot of stress.

I have diagnosed social anxiety (agoraphobia, really) and I’m on Zoloft for it for the last 7 years. I’m in the USA, don’t work for the above reasons, and I have two kitties that I love.

My main reason for joining here is because I wanted a place where I can be me without Mark Zuckerberg breathing down my neck. It’s a shame social media sites aren’t more tolerant and accepting of people with autism. We can have a hard time making judgment calls and good decisions, but their polices and rules override that. Always. That’s not a very welcoming environment.
It's great having you here...be very much welcome!!!

Thank you all for the welcome! I’m hoping to learn more about myself here. I haven’t been diagnosed and I don’t want to take away from those that have been. Just want to learn about others and myself.
Don't worry...It's not about diagnostics.. It's all about how you truly feel and who you truly are , my friend! Welcome again...great having you..

Welcome!
Your intro is a winner.
I certainly relate. I think you'll find it very interesting and useful participating here. :cool:

Welcome!
Your intro is a winner.
I certainly relate. I think you'll find it very interesting and useful participating here. :cool:
Thank you! I believe in always being 100% honest, so I probably overshare. I feel like I fit in here and people “get” me.

New Threads

Top Bottom