• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

help see a girls aspis

OK DO U all know a girl that i can do the deffes with plz pm/email me NOW and can u stay on topic plz
(sorry for yelling)

No I don't know any girl you can talk to. Everyone is different but I believe females tend to blend in more with neurotypicals than males do because they are able to imitate NTs better.

No I don't know any girl you can talk to. Everyone is different but I believe females tend to blend in more with neurotypicals than males do because they are able to imitate NTs better.

Me neither. I'm actually very surprised at the amount of female AS people on this forum, since they're relatively rare.

But I personally believe that it's actually more culturally expected of females to be socially active and adept and therefore more forced to learn the social skills necessary to 'imitate' NT's, albeit trough conscious cognitive processes and not intuitively.
And males are more often judged on their practical skills, so it could be that there's less expectation of them being socially adept (less empathic, less friends), but that's where my hypothesis is still a bit wonky.
Now why do I think this? Because I can also blend in really well with NT's and I'm definitely not female, same goes for my older brother, who's a heck lot more autistic then I am.

I don't think there's a very clear, strict difference between female and male AS people though (apart from the physical characteristics). Definitely not with the cultural gender role blending going on, with males becoming females, gay people, equal rights and everything.

So yeah, good luck with that. You'll need it.

??? o i see ok so what i am going to do go bow me up
NO i am going to look more I AM LOOKING FOR A GIRL THAT HAS ASPERGERS

Me neither. I'm actually very surprised at the amount of female AS people on this forum, since they're relatively rare.

But I personally believe that it's actually more culturally expected of females to be socially active and adept and therefore more forced to learn the social skills necessary to 'imitate' NT's, albeit trough conscious cognitive processes and not intuitively.
And males are more often judged on their practical skills, so it could be that there's less expectation of them being socially adept (less empathic, less friends), but that's where my hypothesis is still a bit wonky.
Now why do I think this? Because I can also blend in really well with NT's and I'm definitely not female, same goes for my older brother, who's a heck lot more autistic then I am.

I don't think there's a very clear, strict difference between female and male AS people though (apart from the physical characteristics). Definitely not with the cultural gender role blending going on, with males becoming females, gay people, equal rights and everything.

So yeah, good luck with that. You'll need it.
I do agree with you Mad. I was simply trying to make a quick, general statement for this kid that doesn't seem to understand anything. What do I need luck with?

I do agree with you Mad. I was simply trying to make a quick, general statement for this kid that doesn't seem to understand anything. What do I need luck with?

He'll correct me if I'm wrong but I think Mad's good luck wish was aimed at Jared.

Hay i need a girl
is it a good idea to make a poster and put it up at my school to get more aspes to the site

Hay i need a girl
is it a good idea to make a poster and put it up at my school to get more aspes to the site
Not too sure if that's exactly a good idea actually but it does seem like a nice generous thing to do.
Do you go to a special ed school by any chance?

Jared: Seriously, the difference between a guy and girl Aspie isn't going to help you. The difference between two guy Aspie's is just as far apart and unique. In order to get the kind of information that you are looking for you would have to survey hundreds of guy and girl Aspie's in order to get a general idea of what is common in girls but not guys and visa versa.

PS - please TRY to type words properly. Like shinigami said, I can barely tell what you are saying half the time. It's tricky enough that all Aspie's have social communication issues, but then throwing around bad spelling and grammar just makes life rough.

At your age I don't think you should be worrying too much about gender. You are a kid. Enjoy your youth while you still have it. Last thing you need is to fall into the media craze and knock up some 11-12yr old girl.

To put it simplest: Girls are freaking weird. No guy understands them. They are like Windows:
(1) Random events occur at the most inconvenient times without warning or mercy.
(2) Every mistake you make is recorded in long term memory.
(3) Doing the same thing with them over and over DOES yield different results (even though expecting that sort of things is typically a definition of insanity)
(4) Right when you've got the hang of how things work, a better version comes along and costs 5 times as much.
(5) If you don't take extremely good care of them, undesirable things begin to happen.

(Hope you enjoyed, the ladies are free to bash men in retaliation, lol)

At your age I don't think you should be worrying too much about gender. You are a kid. Enjoy your youth while you still have it. Last thing you need is to fall into the media craze and knock up some 11-12yr old girl.

To put it simplest: Girls are freaking weird. No guy understands them. They are like Windows:
(1) Random events occur at the most inconvenient times without warning or mercy.
(3) Doing the same thing with them over and over DOES yield different results (even though expecting that sort of things is typically a definition of insanity)
(4) Right when you've got the hang of how things work, a better version comes along and costs 5 times as much.
(5) If you don't take extremely good care of them, undesirable things begin to happen.

and y i am making a paper so i have to be worrying about gender so if u all know a girl with aspergers plz PM me

can winllow be the girl...

Curtis, I think we both know damn well that is a load of crap. :thumbsdown:
While I do find your comparison humorous, I'm sure you realize that these kinds of issues run the same for both men and women. You are generalizing. Perhaps it would fit the description of some spoiled NT women.
I know plenty of men who fit this description. My own husband happens to be one of them. I won't go into details, but I can tell you he fits it almost completely. I'm the provider for my husband and son while my husband is a stay-at-home father. Our roles are reversed. Although I have never believed in concrete "roles" or "labels," it is uncanny to me the resemblance we both have to role-reversal. He comes to me for money.
On a different note, as a woman, I am far from what you have listed. Perhaps it is because I have AS, but I have my routines and I am so far from materialistic that it's not even funny. I could live out in the jungle without a shower or bed for the rest of my life and be completely happy.
Anyway, I suppose my point is that gender does not matter. We are all the same. All the stupid arguments about the differences between men and women or the negatives of either one are absolutely meaningless and ignorant. I say this because we should be looked at as individuals and not by our genitals. Every single person is different and you can't just say that all women are like this or that all men are like that.
/rant

Curtis, I think we both know damn well that is a load of crap. :thumbsdown:
While I do find your comparison humorous, I'm sure you realize that these kinds of issues run the same for both men and women. You are generalizing. Perhaps it would fit the description of some spoiled NT women.
I know plenty of men who fit this description. My own husband happens to be one of them. I won't go into details, but I can tell you he fits it almost completely. I'm the provider for my husband and son while my husband is a stay-at-home father. Our roles are reversed. Although I have never believed in concrete "roles" or "labels," it is uncanny to me the resemblance we both have to role-reversal. He comes to me for money.
On a different note, as a woman, I am far from what you have listed. Perhaps it is because I have AS, but I have my routines and I am so far from materialistic that it's not even funny. I could live out in the jungle without a shower or bed for the rest of my life and be completely happy.
Anyway, I suppose my point is that gender does not matter. We are all the same. All the stupid arguments about the differences between men and women or the negatives of either one are absolutely meaningless and ignorant. I say this because we should be looked at as individuals and not by our genitals. Every single person is different and you can't just say that all women are like this or that all men are like that.
/rant
lol who that guy i icnord him

Hmm, sorry my joking nature got taken a bit too seriously shinigami =)

Jared: Dood. Last I checked the girl with Willow as the handle has the HOTTEST pic on this set of forums. So I think it is becoming clear to everyone here that you are going through pre-teen puberty and going to unnecessary lengths to get convos with the opposite gender. Even if you really do have a paper (unlikely) then you are doing the research completely wrong. The idea of finding differences between guys and girls not only required tests on dozens of people (at minimum) but it is usually done as a survey (optionally anonymous for privacy protection)

So basically you need to either end the freakishly weird pursuit of AS girls or do your paper properly. No offence, but the way you've been approaching things here on the forum make you appear as a predator. That is just the vibe I'm getting.

Hmm, sorry my joking nature got taken a bit too seriously shinigami =)

Jared: Dood. Last I checked the girl with Willow as the handle has the HOTTEST pic on this set of forums. So I think it is becoming clear to everyone here that you are going through pre-teen puberty and going to unnecessary lengths to get convos with the opposite gender. Even if you really do have a paper (unlikely) then you are doing the research completely wrong. The idea of finding differences between guys and girls not only required tests on dozens of people (at minimum) but it is usually done as a survey (optionally anonymous for privacy protection)

So basically you need to either end the freakishly weird pursuit of AS girls or do your paper properly. No offence, but the way you've been approaching things here on the forum make you appear as a predator. That is just the vibe I'm getting.

Not too much, just felt like bashing in retaliation! :)

=)

PS - did ya know that you can delete portions of quotes so that you only quote the part of my post that was directed at ya? I notice a lot of people just quote the whole post from the latest person.

=)

PS - did ya know that you can delete portions of quotes so that you only quote the part of my post that was directed at ya? I notice a lot of people just quote the whole post from the latest person.
Yes, I am also something I like to call... lazy! :p

Hehehe, well I am lazy too, but I an far more anal. Thus, I have developed a happy medium - efficiency. By reducing the work needed to an absolute minimum through careful planning and prioritization on an instinctual level I can turn any task into a simple matter and get it done. I rule =)

Hehehe, well I am lazy too, but I an far more anal. Thus, I have developed a happy medium - efficiency. By reducing the work needed to an absolute minimum through careful planning and prioritization on an instinctual level I can turn any task into a simple matter and get it done. I rule =)
A very great quality to have except that it doesn't seem to be a huge deal on stupid forums.

New Threads

Top Bottom