• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help NTs understand themselves and us

Updated to include @sidd851 suggestion which I think deserves top spot :)

Further comments & improvements still invited!

"Ememe

/i:mi:m/

1. A method of communicating emotional content, usually occurring simultaneously with, yet distinct from and unrelated to, spoken or signed language.
2. The emotional content transmitted or received via apparently unrelated words or signs.
3. An emotional message conveyed between two parties of the same cultural or neural type that may not be understood by parties outside of their group."
4) a unit of measure used to quantify
emotional content.

emotional content.

Not sure about that one.

When I came up with the 'gleme' - which was a unit of gossip. I couldn't seem to make it fit.

Another part of the social conversation is gossip, but I shall try not to get too distracted.
:)

emotional content.

I like the idea but we need a derivative for that.

We can have an adjective:
"Ememic" - "His speech was full of ememic content"

A particle:
"Emetron" - the smallest charged emotional component of communication.

The extremist:
"Ememist" - individual who frequently communicates their meaning by use of emotional implication

Last edited:
I like the idea but we need a derivative for that.

We can have an adjective:
"Ememic" - "His speech was full of ememic content"

A particle:
"Emetron" - the smallest charged emotional component of communication.

The extremist:
"Ememist" - individual who frequently implies meaning by use of emotional implication

Sticking with what we've got will get us going.
Don't want to stray towards emetic :)
@Progster and I mentioned it a few times on the board already.

In about a year we can submit it to the dictionary.
I wonder if any autistic people work for Webster's or the Oxford dictionary. Seems likely :)

Interesting though :)

We really do appreciate honesty. And, please, tell us everything up front - we really don't like surprises.

Not sure about that one.

When I came up with the 'gleme' - which was a unit of gossip. I couldn't seem to make it fit.

Another part of the social conversation is gossip, but I shall try not to get too distracted.
:)
Yeah, just trying to look at this circumspectly.
Noun, verb, adject.

You're far better versed...

But I'll row!
I'm a great rower!

Yeah, just trying to look at this circumspectly.
Noun, verb, adject.

You're far better versed...

But I'll row!
I'm a great rower!

Well it's great you're joining in. All these things can be included in time. I'm just worried we'll all get distracted.
(which probably means that I will )
oh look...

Dear NTs,
If you dont want an honest answer, then dont ask me the question. If you dont like the answer, you are sensitive, im not blunt.

If your feelings are hurt by our tendency to be distant and reserved, please do not accuse us of being willfully rude and aloof, or that we dislike you. That would be an unfair assumption in most cases.

More likely, our minds are just elsewhere as we try to cope with being uncomfortable about being outside our comfort zones. We may be more focused on other stimulating things around us. We may be deep in thought about how best to act and/or respond to you or others around us. We don't know how to naturally appear involved or engaged with our immediate surroundings.

So to sum all of this up. Don't automatically assume it's personal!

Spoilsport! Does this mean I can't define the smallest unit of "grown up fun time" as the orgasmotron then?

It's a good idea to define units like this.

Anyone ever heard of spoon theory? Well we should do something similar, but for other stuff.

Orgasmotron is brilliant! Lol

and I just looked that word up on google, and there are some interesting results.

" Quite the contrary.
There will be NO sleeping when you snuggle up with the ©Orgasmotron by..."

Last edited:
Just read this thread. Well, I am really confused. I am an NT and I mean what I say and am rather literal. So if I ask someone "How are you?" I am NOT doing it for social reasons, I am doing it because I care about the person and want to know what is happening with them. If I say I feel sad, I am not trying to get you to discover a hidden agenda, Nope I feel sad. I find myself communicating less and less with people in general. I don't have the mental energy to figure things out. If I don't trust you I don't confide in you, simple as that.
So where does this leave me here? Am I just totally lacking self insight? Am I communicating in ememes without realizing that my communication is confusing you and that we are talking at cross purposes? I truly don't know so hope someone will help me out here.

New Threads

Top Bottom