• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help needed from UK people regarding video call /equipment (headphones) etc ...

I am in France, but am from the uk, so I am answering.

When I use zoom, I use my headphones, because the sound is clearer for me.

So long as the environment you're having the meeting in is quiet, then the laptop speakers and microphone should suffice.

Out of interest, how long did you wait for your assessment? Is this via NHS? I had my referral letter a few weeks back, but with Covid, it was delayed. Originally I had my GP assessment in Spring.

Ed

So long as the environment you're having the meeting in is quiet, then the laptop speakers and microphone should suffice.

Out of interest, how long did you wait for your assessment? Is this via NHS? I had my referral letter a few weeks back, but with Covid, it was delayed. Originally I had my GP assessment in Spring.

Ed
Hi
Yes it is via NHS
My psychiatrist wrote to the autism assessment centre and I heard back within weeks. I don't know if the fact that the consultant contacted them sped things up.
Yeah, COVID is why I a having a video assessment.

I would hope a referrals list is worked through by date of receipt. That's good that you are getting seen so quickly. Perhaps they can process more assessments if they're online.

I kept chasing for progress at my GP and the place that handles the assessments was closed for months due to the pandemic. So now, I imagine there's a backlog of several months to process.

Still, at leas the ball is rolling. I hope your assessment goes well.

Ed

I would hope a referrals list is worked through by date of receipt. That's good that you are getting seen so quickly. Perhaps they can process more assessments if they're online.

I kept chasing for progress at my GP and the place that handles the assessments was closed for months due to the pandemic. So now, I imagine there's a backlog of several months to process.

Still, at leas the ball is rolling. I hope your assessment goes well.

Ed
Can you tell your GP a UK online peer (me) is doing video assessment?
Do you have a psychiatrist?
If so, maybe they can get things moving.

Nah, couldn't afford a psychiatrist. I see a therapist, but right now, with restrictions etc I'm not seeing them as I'd rather face to face sessions rather than using online video.

Ed

Nah, couldn't afford a psychiatrist. I see a therapist, but right now, with restrictions etc I'm not seeing them as I'd rather face to face sessions rather than using online video.

Ed
Sorry I assumed you were in the UK.
Can you ask your therapist to have sessions on the phone due to the restrictions.
Online Video is difficult, I am not looking forward to it, but I look at it this way.
I would rather have an autism assessment and go through difficulties with online video than not have one at all.

Yeah, I am in the UK. I had a phone session at the start of lockdown and I wasn't keen on it. Also, money is a factor at the moment and I can't afford it.

Ed

I would not worry about headphones. It is just something else to go wrong and stress you out.

New Threads

Top Bottom