• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help needed from UK people regarding video call /equipment (headphones) etc ...

Hi

I would be surprised if you as a client need to have an account to access this service. I think that what is missing here is a URL in the Go to box on the second sheet. This will contain a unique name identifying the location of your appointment. Without this you can't try the appointment procedure out.
missing url.png

Possibly if you need to reply to the letter an accept the appointment they will send a new sheet with a Go to: URL filled in, to you?
It is vague and incomplete at this stage of the appointment booking process but hopefully this will be rectified assuming that there are further steps to take.

Instructions on using this service on YouTube.

Hi

I would be surprised if you as a client need to have an account to access this service. I think that what is missing here is a URL in the Go to box on the second sheet. This will contain a unique name identifying the location of your appointment. Without this you can't try the appointment procedure out.
View attachment 64172

Possibly if you need to reply to the letter an accept the appointment they will send a new sheet with a Go to: URL filled in, to you?
It is vague and incomplete at this stage of the appointment booking process but hopefully this will be rectified assuming that there are further steps to take.

Instructions on using this service on YouTube.
Yeah I realised I didnt need an account, that's for staff.
Your picture pinpoints exactly what should be a url but is missing.
Exactly, I told them I wanted to practice and prepare entering the waiting room in good time before the appointment. The man on the phone who told me off said, perhaps I will get the link when they receive my consent form, which was posted by guaranteed next day delivery today. I did email the autism centre, but I don't know if people are answering emails, if they are not manning the phone. They put the phone number and email addresss on the letter in case the appointment date was a day I couldn't make (other appointments etc) so why was I told off for phoning when they put it on the letter?
The man who answered the phone is an autism assessor, I told him it was vague, and that I had problems with vagueness, he said he didn't know what I had been sent but knew what the virtual waiting room was.
I watched a YouTube video, they made it sound so easy, but the user had the url, which I haven't got. Thanks for your letter and sorry for the ramble.

Attend Anywhere is the NHS generic software, @Alexej has said, so that's just the name of the software, it's not a place. Hope it all goes ok, just call the rude man again if not. You can complain if people are rude, btw, and it's not appropriate for him to try to 'tell you off', you are a customer accessing a service, he sounds like he doesn't have appropriate boundaries.

Attend Anywhere is the NHS generic software, @Alexej has said, so that's just the name of the software, it's not a place. Hope it all goes ok, just call the rude man again if not. You can complain if people are rude, btw, and it's not appropriate for him to try to 'tell you off', you are a customer accessing a service, he sounds like he doesn't have appropriate boundaries.
He was the one who assessed me in 2015. When we were trying to arrange appointments, each day he gave me, I had a GP or other appointment on, dentist I think, I could not help that they clashed. I kept saying I cant make that date, I have an appointment and he said "Look if you don't take one of the appointments I am going to discharge you" So, I had to cancel a GP appointment to fit in with him.
He is an autism assessor, having a go at me for something I can't help.
You'd think he would have some empathy with people who struggle with vagueness and who want to "get it right for the day". I think the two phone calls got on his nerves because of the way he said "keep ringing"

You best be might be to phone the assessment centre again even if you just talk to the receptionist they might know what the URL is, someone must know.

Regarding testing the service to see if it works.

I followed the troubleshooting URL on the second page. After some poking around I found a test utility. See 'Test call' button. However this told me I do not have the bandwidth to make this application work, but since I use Skype and Zoom Ok so I don't believe that. Not sure this is much use but may be worth a go?

Good luck with your appointment.

You best be might be to phone the assessment centre again even if you just talk to the receptionist they might know what the URL is, someone must know.

Regarding testing the service to see if it works.

I followed the troubleshooting URL on the second page. After some poking around I found a test utility. See 'Test call' button. However this told me I do not have the bandwidth to make this application work, but since I use Skype and Zoom Ok so I don't believe that. Not sure this is much use but may be worth a go?

Good luck with your appointment.
There is no receptionist.
I daren't phone the assessment centre again, in case I get told off. I felt a bit intimidated.
From my experience with him in 2015 making me cancel a GP appointment and today telling me off for "keeping ringing" even though I only rang twice, he seems like a man with issues around patience.
Thanks for the links, I did try those this morning, and it showed my internet is ok, that is all, without that url I am stuffed.

He was the one who assessed me in 2015. When we were trying to arrange appointments, each day he gave me, I had a GP or other appointment on, dentist I think, I could not help that they clashed. I kept saying I cant make that date, I have an appointment and he said "Look if you don't take one of the appointments I am going to discharge you" So, I had to cancel a GP appointment to fit in with him.
He is an autism assessor, having a go at me for something I can't help.
You'd think he would have some empathy with people who struggle with vagueness and who want to "get it right for the day". I think the two phone calls got on his nerves because of the way he said "keep ringing"
Yeah, if he doesn't have the patience to deal with his patients, he's in the wrong job.

Yeah, if he doesn't have the patience to deal with his patients, he's in the wrong job.
He's been there since 2015 or even earlier.
There's lots of narcissistic, impatient, bullying people in the caring profession, not labelling him but making me cancel GP appointment is a sign of lack of patience.

Just a quick update, the autism centre should have got my consent form today, as I posted it guaranteed next day delivery, not heard anything yet.

Hello
An update, Although I sent the consent form off on 15th by guaranteed delivery and also emailed the autism centre on the 15th to advise that I have not received the missing URL I still have had no response.
Phone not manned so I cannot ring, and dunno if email address is being looked at.

Probably the email address is being manned, since that can be done remotely.

Suggest you follow up with a simple email.

Probably the email address is being manned, since that can be done remotely.

Suggest you follow up with a simple email.
While I thank you for posting, I will see if they reply on Monday and if they don't, I will contact the partnership on the page the video team gave me, because if I email them it will be three times.

I previously mentioned that I have got a video assessment booked on 13th October with NHS "attend anywhere"
I read somewhere that I will need a headset, is this true?
Many thanks

Using a headset might make it easier to hear what is being said, but it is not essential (in my opinion).

There is also a privacy issue if you dont use headphones in that the whole conversation can be overheard. If that is not a concern to you then doing the meeting without headphones should work just fine.

Hi I still have not heard from the autism centre, emailed last week. I sent the consent form back should I have sent the attached back so that they could have put the url in-here is the form to remind you to save scrolling.
IMG_20200915_114320079_HDR.jpg

I sent a reminder email to the autism centre today and it bounced back, I sent another one and it also bounced back.
I rang their number, as people I phoned from the NHS said to ring it.
There was another number on the recorded message, as it said not to leave a message.
The man I rang after ringing this second number was helpful, he said he would try get hold of them but was not successful.
I am scared that I will not make the assessment without the url and they will discharge me for not turning up.

Hello - an update, I received by email the link to the waiting room and I got in there no trouble, I had a few goes.
It came in my junk email box.
Good thing I did not just empty the folder like I sometimes do otherwise I could have lost it.

Hi
Regarding my autism assessment I have a MacBook Pro with speakers.
I have an upcoming video assessment and the instructions are too vague.
I am unsure if I need headphones. My laptop has webcam and built in speakers.

Thanks

Does the laptop have a built-in microphone? If so, you won't need a headset unless for some reason you particularly want to.

Does the laptop have a built-in microphone? If so, you won't need a headset unless for some reason you particularly want to.
Thank you, yes, it does have a built in microphone. Mac telephone service is wonderful, I just rang them to help me test it.

New Threads

Top Bottom