• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help needed from UK people regarding video call /equipment (headphones) etc ...

Gift2humanity

V.I.P Member
Hello

I have received my appointment for just under a month's time.
It will be a video call using "attend anywhere"
I have been given an instruction sheet and would like to practice setting it up.
I managed to speak to the assessor this morning and he said I could do that and enter their virtual waiting room, but there is no URL.
I googled it and it says to set up an account but the instruction sheet I got from the assessment centre does not say anything about this, it is all a bit vague. I struggle with vagueness.
I just want to make sure that I am all set up on my computer ready for the day.
Has anyone been assessed using "attend anywhere" if so, please can you help me so I can get to their waiting room on screen?
Here's 2 pictures of the front and back of the form that I feel is a bit vague for me.
1.jpg
IMG_20200915_114320079_HDR.jpg

Thank you

Last edited:
attend anywhere is a generic software that the NHS uses.

On the letter I see a reference to attend anywhere.

Try this link and see if that helps you get closer - it should get you to the waiting room.
Video Call Management

attend anywhere is a generic software that the NHS uses.

On the letter I see a reference to attend anywhere.

Try this link and see if that helps you get closer - it should get you to the waiting room.
Video Call Management
Thanks for your quick reply sorry to sound thick, I clicked that link and got the attachment below, and when I tried to open account I got this https://england.nhs.attendanywhere....esourceCentre/Discover/AccessToProgram.htmand am still stuck, sorry
I feel like I have to jump through hoops to get the account. I rang the assessment centre again but phone not always manned.

Screenshot 2020-09-15 at 12.10.23.png

Hi
I rang the autism centre as instructed on the letter but was told not to keep phoning as it is not manned. The man who answered said I was lucky to catch him as he was sat there.
He did not know what they had sent me, and said that perhaps they would send a link once I had sent the consent form back but didn't sound sure in my opinion.
The letter also gives an email address to contact but if the phone is not manned I don't know if the email will be replied to.
I am worried they have made an error and I will not be able to connect on the day, and it will look like I have just not bothered to turn up for the appointment.

Thanks for your quick reply sorry to sound thick, I clicked that link and got the attachment below, and when I tried to open account I got this https://england.nhs.attendanywhere....esourceCentre/Discover/AccessToProgram.htmand am still stuck, sorry
I feel like I have to jump through hoops to get the account. I rang the assessment centre again but phone not always manned.

View attachment 64154
If you are are accessing a therapist at a hospital, put this abbreviation at the start of the email! for instance [email protected], that is a patient advice and liaison service

If you are are accessing a therapist at a hospital, put this abbreviation at the start of the email! for instance [email protected], that is a patient advice and liaison service
Hi it's not PALS I need to contact, the autism assessment centre provided a phone number and an Emil address on my letter for me to contact in case I needed to reschedule the appointment, but when I rang, as I rang twice, I was told not to keep phoning as it is not manned, probably due to COVID but I am not sure, so how do I know that my email will be picked up.
This is why I am worrying as I have no link.
I did email them, not got a response yet.

I would suggest that you do what you have already done - email them. To me it seems that the amin bit of info that is missing is the URL for the meeting.

I suspect that the bit about registering is for the administrators of the system, and not you.

So wait for the email with the link,

I would suggest that you do what you have already done - email them. To me it seems that the amin bit of info that is missing is the URL for the meeting.

I suspect that the bit about registering is for the administrators of the system, and not you.

So wait for the email with the link,
Hi what is Amin please?
Yeah they said I do not need to register.
I still have not had a response from the autism team.
I rang the NHS video site and they said if I do not get a response within the next few days to contact the main hospital, they even gave me a link to the site.

Hi what is Amin please?
Yeah they said I do not need to register.
I still have not had a response from the autism team.
I rang the NHS video site and they said if I do not get a response within the next few days to contact the main hospital, they even gave me a link to the site.
I don't know what Amin is I've never heard of it I've heard of admin I never knew a virtual service existed for the NHS, I'm obviously not helping you.

My friend had one of these type of appointments, even with lots of calls to and fro it didn't work. In the end the Dr called on the phone.

My friend had one of these type of appointments, even with lots of calls to and fro it didn't work. In the end the Dr called on the phone.
Oh noooo, are you in the UK, was it with "Attend Anywhere" I want this to go right. I don't see how autistic people can be assessed on the phone as the assessor needs to see when. What went wrong? Sorry for all the questions.

Couldn't get into the waiting room. Filled in a form, pressed the next button, blank screen Did it several times. Yes, UK NHS. Can you get a phone number for the facility you are having the appointment with? As it will be an actual hospital or clinic who do autism assessments, and probably in your geographical area. Then you can call them if it doesn't work, and arrange it as a call. That's how we got round it.

Couldn't get into the waiting room. Filled in a form, pressed the next button, blank screen Did it several times. Yes, UK NHS. Can you get a phone number for the facility you are having the appointment with? As it will be an actual hospital or clinic who do autism assessments, and probably in your geographical area. Then you can call them if it doesn't work, and arrange it as a call. That's how we got round it.
It's an assessment centre, I called them twice today, I got told off the second time as the phone is not manned, and he said not to keep ringing.
He said I was lucky to catch him as he was sitting there doing some work.
Was this the "attend anywhere"
I emailed the autism centre today and am awaiting a response, I sent off the consent form today by guaranteed post.
I also emailed the NHS video centre who were really helpful, she said to give them time to respond and if they don't to contact the partnership for our area, she even provided a website.
I just want this to go right, I have nearly a month to make sure it all goes smoothly, I am sorry to hear your friend's meeting went bad. I hate hassle.
I don't want to sound a snob, but I hope the fact that I have a Mac goes in my favour, because this Mac is so much better than windows, I mentioned the Mac because everything about it goes smoother than windows, and I hope the video call will.

New Threads

Top Bottom