• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

V.I.P Member
Hello everyone- I figured I would give this site a chance . It is due to the lack of intellectual stimulation in my small circle of friends and family. I get very bored with the usual topics, what people look like , what people are saying , what people are doing wrong , etc etc . Seems mundane to me , but maybe it is because I can’t relate to those things most people talk about .

My mind is preoccupied with lots of other thoughts, History, Music, Society , Economic Structures, and Art . When I try to relate or talk to NT people about their topics ,they always seem upset or mad at me . They Interpret what I’m saying in the wrong manner . I can’t get the flow of the conversation or I feel and say on occasion it is nonsense and irrelevant what their conversations are about .

I am sure I am the problem because socially I can’t conform to what they want , Or even agree with what they are saying most of time . I point out the hypocrisy and they don’t like that . I don’t know anyone on the spectrum , or at least anyone who has been diagnosed. I suspect their are a few people I know in denial about it . I just seem to make everyone uncomfortable around me . So lately I just resort to what I have done when I was a child and speak on a very minimal basis . I hope this make sense to someone on here .

Hi and welcome. A lot of what you say sounds familiar! I hope you find it easier to feel accepted here. Do join in, and also start some threads. Your preferred topics sound great to me.

Hi and welcome. A lot of what you say sounds familiar! I hope you find it easier to feel accepted here. Do join in, and also start some threads. Your preferred topics sound great to me.
Thank you !

It's good to find your own tribe. Small talk is exhausting and frustrating to listen to. Most family and colleagues I know can bore me to tears with what's supposedly normal conversation. Very few people can seem to hold down a good conversation in my opinion. Mind you, I'm very picky - polite to virtually everyone, but I click with very few.

Ed

It's good to find your own tribe. Small talk is exhausting and frustrating to listen to. Most family and colleagues I know can bore me to tears with what's supposedly normal conversation. Very few people can seem to hold down a good conversation in my opinion. Mind you, I'm very picky - polite to virtually everyone, but I click with very few.

Ed
I understand that , And thank you

welcome to af.png

HI @Moogwizard

Welcome - and I like your avatar.
Just out of curiosity what are the names for the wave forms.
The second is heavyside and I think the bottom one is a sine wave

Hello - Thank you , I play synthesizers. Those are the 4 waves you are able to modulate on a synthesizer.
Triangle
Square
Pulse
Sine

Thank you ! That
Welcome! I'm a big modular synth-head myself so I immediately recognized those :)
I have a Moog - but obsessed with The VCS3 , not sure if you have ever seen one of those. They use a pin matrix ! But very expensive because vintage and rare. Behringer supposed to make a reissue.But not sure how good it will be ‍. Since they are not know for making good gear , with the deepmind being the exception . In my opinion.

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm a big modular synth-head myself so I immediately recognized those :)
Thank you ! That

I have a Moog - but obsessed with The VCS3 , not sure if you have ever seen one of those. They use a pin matrix ! But very expensive because vintage and rare. Behringer supposed to make a reissue.But not sure how good it will be ‍♂️. Since they are not know for making good gear , with the deepmind being the exception . In my opinion.
1667946308380.jpeg

Welcome @Moogwizard It's cool that you are into synths! I don't own any analogue synths, I guess it's mainly because Reason scratches that particular itch :) Do you use Reason by any chance? :)

thank you - Analogue synths are a very expensive hobby .So I understand using Vst. I have not used Reason . But I have used some on cubase. And I have a lots of synth apps that are very good . Moog and IVCS3 are great for iPad and IPhone . I am not sure what is available on android or Pc . But I bet there are good ones for them .

thank you - Analogue synths are a very expensive hobby .So I understand using Vst. I have not used Reason . But I have used some on cubase. And I have a lots of synth apps that are very good . Moog and IVCS3 are great for iPad and IPhone . I am not sure what is available on android or Pc . But I bet there are good ones for them .
I used to use Cubase many years ago but I ended up preferring Reason as you can wire everything up with virtual patch cables and get pretty creative. It uses virtual control voltages so it's basically like a huge infinite virtual rack of synths.

I'm not sure if perhaps you can do this in Cubase these days as like I said I haven't used it in so long so it may have evolved since then.

Have you heard of MaxMSP or PureData? They might be worth checking out if you are into sound processing etc. You can make your own vst instruments etc! It's all visual so quite easy to get to grips with and just mess around and see what you can make! :)

New Threads

Top Bottom