• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

I used to use Cubase many years ago but I ended up preferring Reason as you can wire everything up with virtual patch cables and get pretty creative. It uses virtual control voltages so it's basically like a huge infinite virtual rack of synths.

I'm not sure if perhaps you can do this in Cubase these days as like I said I haven't used it in so long so it may have evolved since then.

Have you heard of MaxMSP or PureData? They might be worth checking out if you are into sound processing etc. You can make your own vst instruments etc! It's all visual so quite easy to get to grips with and just mess around and see what you can make! :)
That is very interesting. I will check it out . That is great that you can do virtual patches . I have not heard of Max Msp or Pure data. Creating a vst sounds like something I would really enjoy . Thx

That is very interesting. I will check it out . That is great that you can do virtual patches . I have not heard of Max Msp or Pure data. Creating a vst sounds like something I would really enjoy . Thx
Cool! Basically MaxMSP and PureData are essentially the same I think MaxMSP is an offshoot and retains compatibility with PureData. PureData is open source and free so worth trying that if you try out MaxMSP and don't want to have to pay the full price. You can get an academic licence if you are at college though for example!

There will be tons of tutorials on YouTube to help you get started. I personally made a physical modelling synth (for my dissertation) using MaxMSP but I was kinda pushing it beyond its limits doing that. It got pretty complicated lol! :)

Cool! Basically MaxMSP and PureData are essentially the same I think MaxMSP is an offshoot and retains compatibility with PureData. PureData is open source and free so worth trying that if you try out MaxMSP and don't want to have to pay the full price. You can get an academic licence if you are at college though for example!

There will be tons of tutorials on YouTube to help you get started. I personally made a physical modelling synth (for my dissertation) using MaxMSP but I was kinda pushing it beyond its limits doing that. It got pretty complicated lol! :)
Alright ! Sounds like a good winter project for me . I am excited to try it

Cool! I hope you have fun! I'm sure it will appeal to you if you are into to synthesisers! :)
I need a EMS VCS3 - But I have “Nun”
1667987587396.jpeg

So lately I just resort to what I have done when I was a child and speak on a very minimal basis . I hope this make sense to someone on here
Oh yes. Makes perfect sense. Sometimes I lose my words altogether, and others here do too. It gets exhausting when words are getting you nowhere and people are using them in ways that don’t make sense.

I am sure I am the problem because socially I can’t conform to what they want , Or even agree with what they are saying most of time
I am not sure you are the problem. Maybe conformity and the expectation of it is the problem.

I point out the hypocrisy and they don’t like that
No, people do not seem to like that. It’s very difficult, however, to find someone who can be truly and humbly be aware of hypocrisy and very careful to not engage in it. It’s a sensitive topic and people definitely don’t like to hear they are engaging in it. I find hypocrites very frustrating and confusing.

Glad you found us all here. It’s a pretty cool place.

Oh yes. Makes perfect sense. Sometimes I lose my words altogether, and others here do too. It gets exhausting when words are getting you nowhere and people are using them in ways that don’t make sense.

I am not sure you are the problem. Maybe conformity and the expectation of it is the problem.

No, people do not seem to like that. It’s very difficult, however, to find someone who can be truly and humbly be aware of hypocrisy and very careful to not engage in it. It’s a sensitive topic and people definitely don’t like to hear they are engaging in it. I find hypocrites very frustrating and confusing.

Glad you found us all here. It’s a pretty cool place.
Thank you for the break down of my rant . It seems very logical what you have pointed out . I definitely am not getting mental shut down conversing on here with people.Everything so far makes sense to me . I am glad I found it too .

New Threads

Top Bottom