• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello?

AspieWatchmaker

V.I.P Member
Hello...

I was recently diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome and I am on my second day of taking an SSRI. Do you fellow aspies get a lot of utility from this forum? Sometimes it's nice to just be able to say things to people that understand. I gave up on finding that a long time ago, but now I know why I am different.

I am interested in:
Computers
Video games
Mechanical watches
Fountain pens
Autoloading firearms actions
German (and perhaps) Japanese language
Reading books (especially scifi)
And most other things mechanical or electronic to varying lesser degrees

And I still have no closer?...

upload_2017-11-8_13-22-32.png

May I ask is the last line humour
I was walking across the street for lunch, was in the middle of the crosswalk when I head a blaring horn. Looked over my shoulder to see a white pickup in the lane next to me stopped in the intersection, and in front of that was a black speeding Escalade heading square for me only a few paces away.

Now I had tried out the full dose of clonazepam my doctor gave me for the first time only a few hours before. When I saw the vehicle's grill getting larger and larger in my vision I didn't feel anything. No panick, no adrenaline, no elevated heartrate or anything.

Somehow I had enough sense to make the choice to run anyway. I don't know how close it came to hitting me, but it was in my peripheral vision on the other side of me before I touched the curb.

When I got where I was going I texted my wife about it, and then later when she came to pick me up from work she hugged me fiercely and I couldn't figure out why without asking. I was so unfazed by it I had forgotten all about it in the few hours I had left at work.

I was walking across the street for lunch, was in the middle of the crosswalk when I head a blaring horn. Looked over my shoulder to see a white pickup in the lane next to me stopped in the intersection, and in front of that was a black speeding Escalade heading square for me only a few paces away.

Now I had tried out the full dose of clonazepam my doctor gave me for the first time only a few hours before. When I saw the vehicle's grill getting larger and larger in my vision I didn't feel anything. No panick, no adrenaline, no elevated heartrate or anything.

Somehow I had enough sense to make the choice to run anyway. I don't know how close it came to hitting me, but it was in my peripheral vision on the other side of me before I touched the curb.

When I got where I was going I texted my wife about it, and then later when she came to pick me up from work she hugged me fiercely and I couldn't figure out why without asking. I was so unfazed by it I had forgotten all about it in the few hours I had left at work.
So no, it wasn't humor. At least I know that if the drug can protect me from the stress of being about to die that I can count on it to get me through the hell that retail turns into in the two months before christmas.

And it may be impairing your judgement.
We're all different when it comes to how drugs react in our systems.

And a big welcome also.
I really like your avatar. It projects a silent strength.
But my special interest is rocks. Part of the reason I'm sure.
RocksComo 019.JPG

And a big welcome also.
But my special interest is rocks. Part of the reason I'm sure. View attachment 39777
I saw that rock at a park and had to take a photo of it. The contrast of the textured rock, smoothe sky, and soft grass really gets me. It does stand strong, and alone at the top of a hill no less. The photo looks up at it from a slight angle. My NT boss said it was weird (I use it on instagram as well) but that image means a lot to me. You are the first to compliment it. Thank you.

I perhaps had my guard down. But the light was deffinately in my favor. The maniac blew through a red at least five seconds after it turned at the busiest intersection my city has to offer... I even sat and waited longer than I should have trying to make sure the crosswalk was white because of how harshly the sun was shining on it.

And a big welcome also.
But my special interest is rocks. Part of the reason I'm sure. View attachment 39777
I also did not make it clear that the pickup was going the same direction I was, and had to make an emergency stop to keep from hitting the same vehicle that almost hit me.

I also did not make it clear that the pickup was going the same direction I was, and had to make an emergency stop to keep from hitting the same vehicle that almost hit me.
I personally think you have a better chance of survival than cyclists in the UK who are injured in huge numbers now

New Threads

Top Bottom