• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Turf1

Hi all.

I'm a dad of a 6yo aspie girl, diagnosed last December. We always had our suspicions that she was possibly aspie but the diagnosis confirmed it.

We just want what's best for our little girl & hope we can provide her with the love & support that helps her become the best possible version of herself.

welcome.png

Hello!

Has she been offered any help with professionals in or out of school?
Nothing yet.

School has sent off her report & requested resource hours for her but by all accounts there's no hours available.

Wife's cousin is a qualified OT with experience of working with kids so hopefully she will be able to point us in the right direction

Nothing yet.

School has sent off her report & requested resource hours for her but by all accounts there's no hours available.

Wife's cousin is a qualified OT with experience of working with kids so hopefully she will be able to point us in the right direction

That's unfortunate that there doesn't seem to be too much resources for her. Cut backs again for you.

That's good that you've got someone who can guide you through what could be offered to her. I think some people just let things stagnate when they get told there's too much demand for services for autistic people. Or they try to seek help later on - and that makes it harder actually because most of the services are aimed at children or they've reached crisis point with something.

Yes, it's important that everyone just keeps an eye on how she is going, making sure she is happy. Too many of us don't get that and therefore our mental health is affected.

hello - nice to meet you

i wish you all the best for your daugther and your family! i hope you will find professional support soon. does she / do you as family encounter great problems in school or at home?

Hi all.

I'm a dad of a 6yo aspie girl, diagnosed last December. We always had our suspicions that she was possibly aspie but the diagnosis confirmed it.

We just want what's best for our little girl & hope we can provide her with the love & support that helps her become the best possible version of herself.
My son was diagnosed at age 3. First of all learn to be very careful about the advice that you take for her. Also the more time you spend here getting a feel for Aspies at every stage of life, you will begin to find the right answers and know the right help to seek. Welcome and hope you will stick around.

Welcome! Best of luck getting her the resources she needs. You sound like a very loving parent, so you've got that part covered.

New Threads

Top Bottom