• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello I'm new.

fubarbaby

Hello im female 32... have been diagnosed with ptsd but cannot find anywhere in Ontario Canada that will test adults for aspergers ....without having to pay thousands of dollars...

Last edited:
Welcome aboard :)
I hope you enjoy the community here and that you can find a practical avenue of diagnosis.
Best wishes.
image.jpg

If their is any acronym I love more then any other it's FUBAR!

Hi & Welcome,
Well as a start you can see what you come up with doing a self-diagnosis. That would be researching the lists of symtoms, checking out places like this, etc. Then maybe do some of the many free self-tests online. Self Diagnosis is very common in the Aspie/Autistic community and not much distinguished from a formal one, among ourselves. One reason is that for many a formal diagnosis is not necessarily needed or in some cases wanted as it could be an obstacle in their particular vocation or situation. It can depend on its necessity, such as needing it to unlock access to benefits, support programs, etc. But if those are not needed just knowing can be enough, as you can then investigate the condition and look at coping or compensating skills. There is no medication per se for Aspergers. The meds people take are for the co-morbid conditions that often accompany it, such as depression and anxiety. Those you can still go in for medical treatment for seperately as any other person would do.

If your self diagnosis comes up negative, then you may decide that persuing it more is not necessary. It may also lead to clues on other conditions that might pertain more to you.

New Threads

Top Bottom