• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello? I guess I’m new here..

Bungalow

Honestly— I’m not sure how to introduce myself. I’m sorry if I make a stupid remark. By remark, It’s usually me making fun of myself but people are too caught up in my “terrible actions,” to realize I’m bashing my own self. They often believe I’m making fun of the people of these things but I’m not at all! I’m usually called negative, since.. I try to make jokes out of everything? Or.. I’m not entirely sure. I guess I am really negative. I never realized it until people called me it on fourms, then others said it in real life. I also have habits of pointing out flaws within artwork. Not to be rude... I just.. want to help? I’m sorry if you guys think I seem pretty sad in this post. I could do a happier long post about my life, but it’s 9:19 PM and I need sleep. I’ll do it tomorrow. The dog in my profile picture is my dog! He’s a chihuahua! A apple head.

upload_2018-5-22_21-22-54.png

Hi Bungalow welcome. You seem quite self-aware in your post, but you are not coming over as negative in my reading of what you say. It's good to take feedback on board and then maybe adjust a bit to it, but perhaps you have taken these comments about negativity too much to heart. I hope you enjoy it here, it's a friendly site.

:surfer::sailboat::swimmer::speedboat::snowboarder::rocket::runner::helicopter::rowboat::sailboat::airplane::walking::rocket::snowboarder::speedboat::swimmer::sailboat::surfer:

Hi Bungalow.

People are not 2D creatures to always be happy. Yes, you seem sad, yes, you seem uncertain and that's fine.

Welcome to AF.

I find most people interpret cautious or illustrating other possible outcomes to a situation, or pointing out inaccuracies as 'negative'.
Some just prefer to be honest, which can be seen as blunt and tactless.
It is frustrating when it seems ok for others to be like this but not us.
They see it as a flaw in us or part of ASD that needs to be addressed and kept in check. They seem to think that because they are not ASD they have a right to speak their mind but when someone with ASD does it, it is something we should be ashamed of. Hypocrites.

Making jokes does not seem negative unless they are always derogative.
Makes use of your fast brain power, like a verbal form of sudoku.
Perhaps these people are feeling inadequate and intimidated?

Welcome to the forums @Bungalow .

I get hit with the Negative Nellie comment a lot too.
But, I don't let it bother me.
I have a logical reply to being told I always look at the
situation as negative.
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
No surprises that way and you have a course of action in the event of a bad situation arising.
So I don't call it being negative, I call it being realistic.
Prepared for all possibilites.
I could never understand people hiding their head in the sand and saying everything will be fine.

I'll give you a joke someone I know is always telling:
"One day as I sat sad and gloomy, a voice came to me saying Cheer Up, things could be worse!"
I cheered up and sure enough things got worse.

That’s exactly my advice. People get angry. I always seem to stick to the truth, and they want it, I’ll give it! But they just act like they didn’t ask for it in the first place when I give it to them. It’s frustrating. thanks for the comments also!

New Threads

Top Bottom