• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, I am Joe

Jmk1502

My name is Joe, I'm 38 and married with 3 children: Atlas (11), Achilles (9), and Tova (3). Atlas is a little hyper-sensitive, but definitely not on the ASD. Tova MAY be very HFA Aspergers.

Achilles is hyposensitive, and most probably Aspergers. Extremely verbal, he has the tendency to adopt obsessions, but also has the habit of getting fixated on a subject and repeatedly asking questions about that subject. Example: Right now his obsession is "Who invented (insert item here)"? The things he asks about are all very difficult to answer. Example: Who invented chairs? Who invented tables? Who invented cages?

We are trying to identify the best way to help Achilles cope, and also ensure that his 2 siblings are maturing and growing as they should be.

Thank you!

Joe

Welcome aboard :)
I have three little ones my own self. All girls. Youngest almost definitely Aspie, just like me. This is a spectacular community.
Best wishes
image.jpg

Jmk1502

Welcome to the forums.

Here, you will find a lot of people who share the same traits and behavior aspects as your children. Do not be afraid asking if you are uncertain about decisions to take in these particular situations, which are not always easy.

Good thing that you are willing to learn more about Autism spectrum and it's vast world of questions, as it will help you sort out a good amount of trouble that sadly persists in many domains such as education centers/high schools.

We will be glad to provide you information and suggestions. Once again, a warm and friendly welcome to you.

Welcome, Joe! I encourage you to check out our Parenting section, see what you find, and do feel free to create a thread with any questions you may have. :)

wyv

Hi and welcome to AC! This is a great place to start learning and asking questions. Pleased to meet you!

New Threads

Top Bottom