• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello From Texas!

drmicrochip

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Patrick and I'm glad I found a forum where I can relate to others who have the same condition I have. I had most the severe case of Asperger's when I was a little kid. I couldn't grasp thing with my hands properly. I was talking with the words mixed up and I would do things that would seem strange to normal people. When my mom diagnosed me she found out about the condition. I was also anti-social and was fixated on things I only liked. I did throw tantrums too.

Now my condition is so mild you wouldn't know it from just talking to me. I've learned to control my anger. I'm more social now and I've learned to appreciate more things that I can't stand. My advice to everyone who has this condition is to take it one day at a time. Fight it gradually and slowly if you can because the condition always fights back but I say "no" and it will gradually slip away. Don't rush it or it will make it worse. Try and meditate if you can too.

The only problem I have is now is finding a female companion who I really like. I've been single almost all my life, and now I'm waiting for the right one to come along to make me a complete and whole person.

Anyways, that's me in a nutshell. If you have any further questions about how I got over most of the symptoms related to Asperger's, just ask.

Welcome to AC! just so you know you can't get over symptoms of AS you can find ways to cope and work around them but they will always be there. :) Welcome we love to have you here. :)

Now my condition is so mild you wouldn't know it from just talking to me. I've learned to control my anger. I'm more social now and I've learned to appreciate more things that I can't stand. My advice to everyone who has this condition is to take it one day at a time. Fight it gradually and slowly if you can because the condition always fights back but I say "no" and it will gradually slip away. Don't rush it or it will make it worse. Try and meditate if you can too.

The only problem I have is now is finding a female companion who I really like. I've been single almost all my life, and now I'm waiting for the right one to come along to make me a complete and whole person.

Anyways, that's me in a nutshell. If you have any further questions about how I got over most of the symptoms related to Asperger's, just ask.

That's what we do...at best, we learn to cope. I've gotten pretty okay with dealing with things now, especially since I'm now aware of what my weaknesses are and what I can do about them.

As for the companion issue, afraid I can't help you there, but I'm sure there are people here who can. :) Welcome!

Hey Patrick, welcome to Aspies Central :D

I'm the late-talkin', temper-throwin' and obsession-fixatin' fellow who manages to come here to Aspies Central. I'm happy that you had managed to overcome much of your conditions. I'm single and not lookin' 'cos being single, I can buy a few more slices of barbecue brisket for dinner :p

I'll ask more questions on how ya overcame Asperger's soon, as I wonder what's ya interests.

To y'all Texans and Southerners (the users above me all have some Southern connections). You may be interested to join a new group for people interested in everything Southern United States, Dixies in AC - Aspies Central - Asperger's Syndrome and Autism Forums

Have fun! :)

Note: My new interest is on everything remotely Southern United States, and I really hope it's a lifelong interest. lol

Last edited:
Welcome to AC! I see we have another Texan amongst many, including myself and Kasmanaft. May I ask where in Texas you live?

New Threads

Top Bottom