• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from Sweden

Michaelfjorden

V.I.P Member
Hi, everyone! My name is Pierre. I’m 30 years old. I live in Sweden, and English is my second language. I was diagnosed autistic when I was a baby. I don’t know much about it. Even though my parents are doctors, no one really talks about it. I had a hard time with writing in school, but now it’s a special interest. I also like music and sports and computers. I make a lot of mistakes when I text because I type and send too quickly, but I take more time on essays that I write for myself about things like my travels. I revise those over and over.

I came to this forum to meet native English speakers because where I live there are none.

I work at IKEA, but on the weekends, it’s just me and my parents. They are great, but I wish I could talk and have fun with other people. I’m not depressed, but sometimes I get sad. I hope I can make some friends here who might be interested in chatting with me in English.

Last edited:
861a48d57cf21543e105fe2f15affd53.png

Hi, and Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay here in the process!

Great that you found our site. There some interesting resources and older posts to read here.

Stayed in Finland, and the town street signs were in Finnish and Swedish. Surprised at that. Many students took Swedish along with English but this was quite a few years back.

Maybe you can share a day in Sweden with us- typical day for you.

Welcome.

Welcome. Do you enjoy outdoor activities? I have heard that there is some great canoeing and kayaking in Sweden. The closest I've been is across the bridge from Malmö, in København.

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. We all speak English, which is lucky for me as I am not good at languages. It must be great to know more than one language well. Your post seems very well worded, as if it's your native language.

:dolphin::ocean::spoutingwhale::ocean::whale::ocean::fish::ocean::spiralshell:

welcomeboard.jpg
We speak English here and for a lot of us it is the only language we know.
It's always nice to hear from those in other parts of the world. Interesting things to share. :)

I speak British English, im across the North sea from you on the eastern coast of the uk(I won't say more as thieves use personal info from posts on the internet),American English I don't really understand .

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! You are all very kind!

This is my first forum, so I’m still learning how things work.

Sorry for any mistakes!

New Threads

Top Bottom