• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from Northern Wisconsin, USA

Welcome aboard :)
image.jpg

Hello, and welcome
I too am from the great north, am a father and a grandfather, and am apparently from some other world. It is comforting somehow to know that I am not the only one of my kind living in the state.

"Not of This World" is the title of (and quote from) one of my favorite songs by Petra.

S_PetraNotofThisWorld.jpg

Last edited:
Crossbreed

Welcome to the forums.

Welcome to this friendly community where most of your questions will find answers, in the hope that it will help you find out more about yourself.

Life is not always an easy thing to go through and this constitutes a reason for the existence of this community, ready to help and give people like you a direction on where to begin with. This community, along with myself will do it's best to help you.

I was diagnosed about eight years ago. My severely autistic 21yo daughter (mental age= 18mos.) was diagnosed around 17 years ago. My 27yo HFA son (m.a.= 6-10yo) was diagnosed around 13 years ago. (We have another three that appear to be garden-variety Aspies...)

Add to that 45 years of mostly feeling alienated for partially mis-attributed reasons and I have pretty much made peace with my place in society (especially after getting my diagnosis). It allowed me to have more reasonable expectations for myself and others.

We have been involved in the ASD community for some time, but I'm glad that I found this place.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom