• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from New Zealand

Laughingowl1975

Hello, I am a 37 year old Kiwi who has just been diagnosed with Aspergers recently but always was pointed out as odd for many years. I have struggled with underachieving and crippling bouts of self-doubt/depression for years made worse by my Aspergers, I hope by talking to others here I can feel better about myself and get my dreams kick-started again after so long.

Hello, I am a 37 year old Kiwi who has just been diagnosed with Aspergers recently but always was pointed out as odd for many years. I have struggled with underachieving and crippling bouts of self-doubt/depression for years made worse by my Aspergers, I hope by talking to others here I can feel better about myself and get my dreams kick-started again after so long.

Welcome to aspiescentral! We are here to support each other and I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi Laughing owl,

welcome to aspies central, from another kiwi.

I have only recently been diagnosed, and trying to work out its implications for me.
I have gone through the self doubt as well, fainting. A combination of aspergers and stress.
But I did not have any idea of why I had my health issues .
I am finding starting to get help,having some one who understands it could be a help.

Warwick

Hi Warwick C
Its goo to hear from another Kiwi, I hope you find the help you need, I too am just starting to get help after all these years.
The self-doubt bit is the worse, I know I have some potential but all the mental abuse I got at school has buried it for a long time, the best thing is to join a social group like I have.
The group I have joined is at the Auckland offices of Autism NZ and is run by a wonderful woman called Natasha Delgano (I think that's how its spelt), finding a caring person and having others in the same or similar situation to talk to is a huge help.

Hi Laughing Owl

I have also joined Autism NZ. I have been in contact with Natasha. I plan to go to the next drop in meeting, on the first tuesday of each month. I am in Papakura.

Great I will be there too, you'll soon spot me, I look forward to meeting you. Natasha is great and everyone else is friendly as well its a good group to be part of.

New Threads

Top Bottom