• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone! Glad to be here!

Marcus

Star Wars enthusiast
I've known about this site for a long time, but I've always been nervous about joining it.

I've had a ton of different thoughts go through my head about how I would be received here, I'm not the most interesting person in the world, but I hope that I meet a lot of cool people and can have a place to look forward to coming to regularly.

Thanks for reading.

welcome.png

Hey Marcus,
I used to share your concern, and after just a couple of days on here, there I was, regretting that I had not joined sooner. I have no doubt that you'll soon feel the same :D

Welcome!

'Lo Marcus and welcome to AC! You will meet TONS of cool people out here, no doubt. I know I have. I always considered myself a boring person and so have others; due to my low self-esteem (a totally different topic) I try too hard to be interesting but always fall flat as a result. Same goes with being friendly and social, I know so darn little about socializing with NT's. How I even managed to make a small number of NT friends is beyond my understanding, I guess they see me as a nice guy - which I am at heart (except when I struggle with my emotions and in those cases it's better to just stay away from everyone). Oftentimes I do stay away from everyone when I do things at my computer. Other times - I cling to those few friends like a moth to a flame and make too many demands, can't afford to be lonely...yet I'm told that this behavior will in fact scare them off one day. Dear God I can't bear to even think about the possibility of any friend cutting me off, it'd just turn me into an empty shell. And back to the boring concept - some people tell me there's nothing wrong in being "boring". I'm quite certain that this is true; so many of the non-boring out there are jerks. Thanks for joining man! So many awesome non-jerks out here, and that's what matters.

Hey Marcus,
I used to share your concern, and after just a couple of days on here, there I was, regretting that I had not joined sooner. I have no doubt that you'll soon feel the same :D

Welcome!

I regret not joining sooner, years sooner. Will regret it for the rest of my life. I should not have been sweeping my struggles under the rug, hoping that they'll magically go away one fine glorious day (seems like in almost every response I make, I make this type of statement).

Welcome. Glad you are with us.
I think we all feel the same, this is a great place and a lot of good people that are open and glad to share experiences and answer questions. Hope you find it equally comfortable. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom