• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello Everybody! I am new here

Laura

Hi my name is Laura. I am 19 and I have severe Asperger's and epilepsy. Feel free to look up my profile and say hello :)

Welcome aboard to Aspies Central forums, very interesting biography that has been written on your profile. :)

G'Day and welcome to aspiescentral.com, we have a diverse bunch of people in here so feel free to look around while you get comfortable with us ; ]

Hi! Welcome to AC. Oh i hope you like it here. We have people all over the spectrum here and not on the spectrum as well. Welcome welcome!

Hi Laura! Welcome to the forum! We're a very diverse lot of open people & I will definitely check out your profile to learn more about you.

While I am high-functioning, I have a lot of traits of classic autism too, I do not speak at all to new people and go into all out panic in crowded areas. I've met quite a lot of Aspies and they don't seem to do some of the things that I do (stimming, refusing to eat etc.) I don't know whether that means that my Asperger's is more severe or not, but that's how I see it.
Thank you for the welcome everybody, I hope I fit in nicely!

While I am high-functioning, I have a lot of traits of classic autism too, I do not speak at all to new people and go into all out panic in crowded areas. I've met quite a lot of Aspies and they don't seem to do some of the things that I do (stimming, refusing to eat etc.) I don't know whether that means that my Asperger's is more severe or not, but that's how I see it.
Thank you for the welcome everybody, I hope I fit in nicely!

You sound like myself.

I too have lots of traits are classic autism-like. I think PDD-NOS would more accurately describe what I (and perhaps yourself) have, but I just say I have Asperger's.

I was officially diagnosed when I was younger, but unsure of whether the doctors got it right or not looking back now, my mum actually tells me that i've 'grown out of it' which i find amusing to say the least!

Hey Laura

Good to be here on Aspies Central!

I love the Northeast region of England (hence my username here), but I live in Singapore.

I did not really talk until age 3. I was on the wait-list for special schools until age 9. I was officially diagnosed with classic autism (i.e. severe autism) but well, at age 11, it was changed to Asperger's Syndrome. To me, these diagnoses are just labels, because they do not accurately portray me for who I am.

I stim, I turn around in circles, I also do hand flapping sometimes and talk in a weird high-pitched voice. But I try to make friends, and make do with my uniqueness. I am currently age 22 and I think I'm doing great :)

Laura, I hope you'll get support from all of us in Aspies Central, and we'll all have great fun here!

Hi Laura-welcome! I am also in UK diagnosed Aspergers at $6-whoopps another typo-I meant 46 years old-if only it cost six dollars-lots of our fellow asd friends in the states and elsewhere can not afford to pay for a diagnosis-
well done and I love your profile-you got yourself organized before you said hello- I need to work on my profile- I deleted the last one -anyway I really hope you feel comfortable here.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom