• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever walked out of a movie theatre?

blue_bird

V.I.P Member
What movie was so bad that you said "I don't care how much I've paid, I'm getting outta here."

The only movie I've ever walked out of was 'Alexander' with Colin Farrell.

I came close with 'Waterworld' with Kevin Costner but stuck it out.

How about you?

"Blair Witch Project". I was really mad that I had paid $30 for my wife and I to see that piece of trash.

At the risk of getting crucified by the sci-fi junkies here, "The Lord of the Rings" was the first and only movie I've ever walked out on. Full disclosure: I had not, nor have ever read the books, so if you could imagine starting from nothing and trying to keep up with everything thrown at you in the first 30 minutes of that film and trying to keep up with it, well...... I got so lost and confused with the complexity & characters of that plot line that I realized it was a failing venture to even hope that it would somehow make sense if I stuck it out, so I left.

Anchorman (2004), I think me and my sister both did-we got grossed out by the crude humor. We slipped into a different theater in the same building to watch The Terminal (totally opposite type of movie).

I fell asleep during Titanic even though I was trying /really/ hard to like it because everyone I knew loved it.

I can't stand the Titanic.

I fell asleep during Titanic even though I was trying /really/ hard to like it because everyone I knew loved it.

I can't stand the Titanic.

Since you fell asleep & missed the ending, Spoiler Alert: It sank ! :p

The Flintstones, starring John Goodman and Rick Moranis. Halfway through, I realized that none of the awful scenes from the trailer had occurred yet, and then realized that there was no good reason to stay. Thankfully I only spent two dollars to see it.

I guess that if there's a way that the Titanic can be spoiled, it's the way it's already been spoiled (due to it being based on a real happening), the ship sinks, people die, also lots of boring dialogue that helps you fall asleep. Still, it brought so much attention to Leonardo Dicaprio, and I'd say that was definitely worth it. He's amazing.

I walked out of Who Framed Roger Rabbit after the villian of the movie melted a sentient shoe in "the dip." I cried for about an hour and a half afterward. Granted, I was a little kid at the time.

I walked out of Who Framed Roger Rabbit after the villian of the movie melted a sentient shoe in "the dip." I cried for about an hour and a half afterward. Granted, I was a little kid at the time.
You couldn't watch a cartoon get killed.. But mommy Autistic people are not supposed to have high empathy!

Junebug- it's an indie film about an outsider art dealer or something, I watched it again a few years later and it wasn't too bad but I was 16 at the time and i thought it was booooorrrrriiiiing!!! I can't remember much about it to be honest.

I walked out of a few on military base theatres, but its not the same thing as normal theatres. The admission price is very, very low. Ones I remember are 'Tess' and a Catwoman film, which just didn't keep my interest and 'Master of the Flying Guillotine' which was an insanely dum martial arts film :D.

I was thinking that I had never done it--too cheap?--but then I remembered I went to see the Jackass movie in theaters with some classmates, and it was so disgusting I physically couldn't watch it. I kept getting sick. Before that I had liked the show, but I never watched it again after that.

I was thinking that I had never done it--too cheap?--but then I remembered I went to see the Jackass movie in theaters with some classmates, and it was so disgusting I physically couldn't watch it. I kept getting sick. Before that I had liked the show, but I never watched it again after that.
Didn't they fire a gun loaded with some animal's penis?

I've never walked out of a movie I went to see; mainly because the majority of movies that I've seen were ones that my dad took me to see.

The only movie I've seen that I actively disliked was Fred Claus - I found it so boring that I fell asleep through the majority of it.
Since I started going to the movies by myself, I've been to a few (starting with Chronicle in 2012) but again never any that I've walked out of.

I walked out of The Rose, my older cousin took me to see it and, at the time I had no clue who Bette Midler was. I decided about a quarter of the way in that I didn't like her. Still don't, I respect her and what she has accomplished but, I don't like her.

New Threads

Top Bottom