• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever walked out of a movie theatre?

I would leave a film premier if someone ate popcorn or talked during the screening. I find any theatre really difficult as I can't control my environment. Independence Day was sh#t though.......

I walked out on the first American "Godzilla" remake. Nobody kills Godzilla. The poor ticket sales guy probably had to vent to somebody after I got through venting at him.

Didn't Godzilla die in the original 1954 film?
You have a point. I grew up watching the endless array of Godzilla-saves-Japan movies. The character is established as a sympathetic protagonist in my mind.

It might be noteworthy that I very nearly always sympathize with the "monster" in monster movies. I won't watch most Dracula films because he always dies at the end. I always read the spoiler for a horror movie before I see it, and if the ending looks rough, I won't watch it.

You have a point. I grew up watching the endless array of Godzilla-saves-Japan movies. The character is established as a sympathetic protagonist in my mind.

It might be noteworthy that I very nearly always sympathize with the "monster" in monster movies. I won't watch most Dracula films because he always dies at the end. I always read the spoiler for a horror movie before I see it, and if the ending looks rough, I won't watch it.

Yeah, there's very few horror movies I watch and I sometimes spoil the ending for myself if a movie looks interesting but I want to check if it's good or not.

As for Godzilla, the 1998 one was the very first one I ever saw (I was 7 at the time), followed by the 1999/2000 animated series that continued the story.
I didn't find out about the original version of Godzilla until High School, when I was reading a Monster Encyclopedia in the school library and came across this picture when I came up to the 'King Ghidorah' reference: the caption underneath stating that one of the monsters was Godzilla.

GT3HM_-_Godzilla_Rodan_and_Mothra_vs._King_Ghidorah_Artwork.jpg

Since then, I tried to find out more about the original films - watching the Cinemassacre videos on each of the films - and managed to get the entire series on VHS and DVD eventually. I do love the films, despite their cheesiness, poor effects, bad dubbing, etc.
I even tried finding the episodes of Zone Fighter which had Godzilla in them.

Comparing the 1998 Godzilla movie to the original films, I can see why many fans get ticked off. That said, I do like the 1998 Godzilla (or 'Zilla' as he's now known) and Zilla Junior from the animated series (who was more like Godzilla both in personality and abilities); both are fairly unique and quite intelligent, while Zilla Junior is very badass. :)
Of course, some people - despite the amount of time that's past - are still ticked off by the 1998 film and by Zilla.

I don't remember ever walking out of a cinema but I've got a feeling I have...just can't remember what film it was. When I was young and with friends I would have just looked down for the rest of the film, effectively walking out with my mind. I am way too timid to draw attention to myself by walking out either with my friends there (thereby drawing complaints or taunts later) or in public. Thing is, I hardly ever go to the cinema anyway...so these days if I'm there it's because I really want to be. I research everything beforehand, too. I hate violence, sex, horror, etc. because it makes me feel physically unwell. So I just avoid it! :D

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom