• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Have you ever been so angry with people who hurt you so bad that you almost went to jail for it?

HDLSeanWiley

Follow Uncle Gadget, Brain!
My NT brother is often so rude and my parents don't stop it that I sometimes feel like doing something that would make me go to jail to get away from it.

Yeah, but then I remember, if it's so bad that it's going to make me do something for which I'll go to jail, maybe it would just be better to walk out the door and not come back.

My NT brother is often so rude and my parents don't stop it that I sometimes feel like doing something that would make me go to jail to get away from it.
You're 19? Remember that it won't be long before you can be more on your own as an adult, and not have to be so tied up with your family.

I can PROMISE you, that in jail, rudeness will be the LEAST of your problems. I was once assigned to duty as a correctional officer in a jail.
I'm not being condescending, just caring, when I say: find a healthy way to cope or diffuse the situation.

I can PROMISE you, that in jail, rudeness will be the LEAST of your problems. I was once assigned to duty as a correctional officer in a jail.
I'm not being condescending, just caring, when I say: find a healthy way to cope or diffuse the situation.
Yeah . . . as frustrated as you might get with people sometimes, Sean, going to jail won't help.

Yup. Slapped a guy that had been very abusive and threatening to kill me for two years, called the cops to get him away from me since I couldn't get away from him any other way, and I was told I was the only one liable to go to jail because the police don't care about death threats or how trapped I was since that particular night I didn't get hurt first. Even if your brother is the one tormenting you to make you go that far, you'll definitely be the one to go to jail. So if you do decide to do something drastic, make sure you won't get caught. It's perfectly legal to push somebody past the breaking point and they will take his side over yours.

i went for someone's head with a heavy suitcase because he stumbled out of the alley drunk with his friend and touched me, and i mean sexual assult. his friend laughed, and they both walked away, and i went after them and also tried to get his friend with the suitcase between the legs. they got out of the way and didnt get hurt, and they walked away. but i could've gone to jail for it.
learn to control your rage by self defense classes. worked for me. and you can rent an apartment, get a job, and get away from a very unhealthy situation.
being in that apartment with your family isnt good for you, neither is going to jail. i love living on my own. it's great. think of it as an adventure.

Thankfully, I have not gotten this angry. I tend to try to avoid those people as much as possible.

Unfortunately I have been that angry many times, and it's always been for the best that I didn't explode. Especially if you know you're particularly justified in your hate or anger, you have to keep a lid on it, if you want to do anything productive or positive about it. Just becoming enraged and then acting on that rage just makes you look as bad as the person or people putting you in that headspace, even to those who would side with you. I found that for all of the horribly violent things that have happened to me and a lot of the people I love, I would have gone to prison, not just jail, had I acted on my emotions. I would rather be a free man with emotional problems than be in prison for killing a rapist.

With greatest of sadness and honestly, makes me cry so many times, my own husband does this to me!

Thankfully, I can pray and that helps to calm me down and the fact that naturally, I am not a violent person and so, I could never hit or kill him, but oh dear, such hatred I feel, that, that alone hurts beyond belief.

Many would say: get a divorce, because I do live in a toxic relationship, but despite that, we are made for each other and I just cannot leave him, for I would miss him too much.

He often complains that I do not love him as he loves me, but I try saying that I love him in my own way, which is a damn sight more, than any one else!

It is an awful feeling!

i have never won in these situations.
Even if i can overpower, i would just go to jail and have more problems with the nt jail mates in there.
my medical records have even stated my vigilance. these days i dont get as confrontational because i dont want to lose my kid, not to mention i am a small woman so i really am not all that intimidating visually.

This is gonna be sone bad advice, but why not just call him out in front of your parents, say like "why do you always have to talk like youre an asshole? or why do you need to talk like everyone is a piece of ****?" i always find pointing out the problem in the open in the moment to be a needed action sometines for telling the antagonist to stop and letting them know their behavior is unacceptable.
you might get some mippy bs back from his mouth, but at least you showed your spine to him in front of people and told him that kind of crap is not ok, at that point.
and its way,better than getting in trouble with the law.

its probably not great or even good advice, but there is nothing wrong for simply standing up to people like this. plus he is a sibling and has no authority in the house over anyone.

Happens to me all the time. The phrase "go die in hell" is something I've been saying quite often lately. Sometimes I just want to murder everyone.

New Threads

Top Bottom