• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hating disruption!!!

Sal26

My stepson has split up with his girlfriend and is staying at ours until they sort things out one way or another. Thought I'd be okay with this but have been suffering this overwhelming anxiety. I don't know how long he's staying for, my routine has taken a hit and I don't gave my spot on the settee. Also as I was getting ready for work this morning his girlfriend dropped off their 12 month old puppies which I was not told about! Been shopping after work and I hate shopping to delay going home.!!!

I hate disrupting of my routine so much, I just can't think clearly if something happens and my attention is suddenly required to someone else (out of my 'close circle' - my sister and friends). I feel so stressed that I withdraw into myself and I require some time to think the situation over before I may consider what kind of help I can offer.
I feel for you, Sal26.
I was 19 when I offered my sister to help her with her little daughter if she would divorce her abusive husband.
I thought I could do it but in fact I miserably failed. I tried to be as much of help as I only could, but my staying alone with the child drove me into the awfulest meltdowns of my life.
And you did not even asked your stepson to stay (as I did ask my sister)...

Routine disruption is very rough. One thing I can say however is that at some point the new things become the new routine and it settles down. But it can take a while, like a few months for the new to feel normal again.

Puppies are a handfull that is for sure, though at 12 months they should be settling down themselves. Do you like dogs? Maybe if you get attached to them you can keep them or one as your 'Disruption Tax'. ;)

New Threads

Top Bottom