• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Has anyone done this before?

Seriously? That's awesome. I did not know that, and I would try it. Brb, downloading the trial version of Rosetta Stone and taking my time with it.

Something you may want to try is a program called RunAsDate. With it, you can 'trick' a program you use it on into running on a specific date. It'll even allow you to create a shortcut for the program to open it with.
RunAsDate doesn't work with all programs, mind you; some have found ways around it.

I don't do it because it's illegal and is stealing. Even if you can't afford to buy the program...it's still stealing to cheat the free trial like that. Just my thoughts...

i used to use workarounds, there are a number of different ways to get trial software to work as long as you want.
i don't anymore because i realized that i was cheating people out of money by doing it.
however if i was an independent engineer or graphic designer i would definitely use a work
around on the essential software needed to be competitive. the prices for some of that
software is obscene imo and gives companies that can afford them an enormous and unfair
advantage.

alter the contents of a hard drive or computer system to enable the use of the Trial Version of the Software for an aggregate period in excess of the trial period for one license to such Trial Version,

I see, so it is illegal to do so. Thank you qwerty, you and dogwood tree have embarrassed me a great deal for not knowing something. I understand now, and I won't be coming back to this forum.

i did not mean to embarrass you,
i don't see how not knowing something is embarrassing
i think you are a cool person
i am surprised

I think setting back the clock is ok, as long as you don't do it too much. You wouldn't want to wake up one morning to find you and your husband are toddlers again.

I see, so it is illegal to do so. Thank you qwerty, you and dogwood tree have embarrassed me a great deal for not knowing something. I understand now, and I won't be coming back to this forum.

Mia, I don't think badly of you. Not understanding something...and then being willing to learn what you didn't know...is what all of us do when we're willing to grow. There's no reason to be ashamed of growth.

It is illegal, so I personally would advise against doing it, but it's at your own risk.

I think we're mis-communicating here somehow...the "you" in my post #5 above was intended to address generic-anyone-doing-this, since I hear about this a lot in my job. It certainly wasn't intended to call you personally a thief or anything. But I can see how you might have read it differently. I realize you can't hear my tone of voice here, and there was no animosity or manipulation intended in anything I said.

Either way, it seems that anything I say at this point will not be received well, so that's okay. No hard feelings...

I can't say support the idea me being a software developer as this is how I make my income. At the same time, I know I once guilty doing this. As I have a business now, I ensure I pay for the software if I want to continue to use it after when the trail is up.

New Threads

Top Bottom