• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Halloween movies

DaisyRose

V.I.P Member
It’s Halloween, so you know what that means. It’s time to watch some spooky movies. I recommend watching silence of the lambs, and Hannibal. Also, hocus-pocus because that’s a classic. What other spooky movies should I watch this month?

Hocus Pocus Halloween GIF by Death Wish Coffee

My number one fright film: "The Haunting" (1963)

Always has been, always will be.

Last edited:
If you haven't seen it already, I'd recommend Creepshow (1982).

Directed by George Romero (who did the Living Dead zombie movies) and with the screenplay by horror author Stephen King (Carrie, The Shining, IT, etc.) - who also plays a character in the film, this movie is a horror anthology with five individual stories; presented in the style and tone of horror comics from the 1950s such as Tales from the Crypt, The Haunt of Fear and The Vault of Horror.

To quote the film's tagline, "It's the most fun you'll have been scared".

The Taiwanese zombie flick, The Sadness.

Even the trailer is extremely NSFW because of how depraved and gory the film turned out to be. This is one splatter epic that delivers the splatter in spades.

The Sadness and Malignant were the best horror films of '21 on my list. Okay. I actually made a list of what I'm after to see, and most of this is available this month on streaming services. Here we go:

Amazon Prime: The Breach - Totally Killer - Gen V - Renfield

Disney: Loki - Goosebumps (new series) - Haunted Mansion

Hulu: Appendage - Boogeyman - Goosebumps (new series - same show on two dif services) - No One Will Save You - American Horror Stories (4 episode Halloween night event).

Paramount plus: Pet Semetary Bloodlines

Shudder / AMC+ VHS 85 - Night of the Hunted - When Evil Lurks - Creepshow (season 4) - Hell House LLC Origins: The Carmichael Manor

Netflix: The Fall of the House of Usher

Rent VOD: Talk To Me - The Last Voyage of the Demeter

Dog Soldiers: A 2002 British action-horror (with some minor comedic moments) about a six-man squad of soldiers going on a training exercise in the Scottish Highlands against Special Forces, despite most of them preferring to be at home to watch a football match between England and Germany.

However, the group soon find that their opponent's camp has been hit hard and fast, with blood and guts everywhere and not a single shot fired from any gun; a lone, traumatized survivor screaming that his team were "torn to pieces".
Before long, the group are indeed pursued by a foe they've never encountered and forced to take shelter in an old cottage. With ammunition running low, the group trying desperate plans to escape and revelations about the "enemy" they're facing and the truth behind the exercise as fiction and reality blur, will any of them survive the night?

The film is directed by Neil Marshall, who would later direct The Descent - another movie I'd recommend for Halloween.

I loved Coraline, it’s still spooky even as an adult. I’d also like to rewatch Silent Hill and Silent Hill Revelation whenever I get DVDs of those

New Threads

Top Bottom